Chiang Mai: Foreign tourists everywhere as hopes surge for post pandemic recovery

webfact

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

mask wearing is now optional.

Do try to keep up.

Yes indeed. I hope to be visiting Chiang Mai from Siem Reap next month. I will not be wearing a mask - optional in Thailand and optional in Cambodia!!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Maybole said:

I visited 2 banks, PEA, a BigC, a 7Eleven and a fresh market today, all insisted that I wear a mask.

I was in old city this week and daily enter 7-11s  Lotus and Mini Big Cs....i even asked if i needed a mask...reply was--up to you........as i dont mind wearing one but no one had said a thing this week

also kad kom market daily...maskless and not a word

was in Bank Of Bkk last week at KSW...maskless..no issues

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, billd766 said:

Why? The government announced a week ago that mask wearing is now optional.

Do try to keep up.

PM2.5 is still with us, mask wearing is optional and good for your health.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Covid is going to be NOT over before you know it. Masking will again be enforced indoors and proof of the new covid omicron variant Ba.4 and Ba.5 booster vax will be required for certain activities. I'll give it 6 to 9  months. I don't like it. But its going to happen. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

Covid is going to be NOT over before you know it. Masking will again be enforced indoors and proof of the new covid omicron variant Ba.4 and Ba.5 booster vax will be required for certain activities. I'll give it 6 to 9  months. I don't like it. But its going to happen. 

(clutches pearls)....runs to hide under bed........or just keep my mask handy

dont recall any vaccines being "required" hence why this is still dragging on..

aka the burden of the unvaxxed...im triple vaxxed pfizer...waiting to become magnetic

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

(clutches pearls)....runs to hide under bed........or just keep my mask handy

dont recall any vaccines being "required" hence why this is still dragging on..

aka the burden of the unvaxxed...im triple vaxxed pfizer...waiting to become magnetic

Just telling you that this not over. The powers that be are going to ensure it. More masking and vax required soon. Count on it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/1/2022 at 5:38 AM, Captain Monday said:

Go to masks no longer required outdoors Tokyo or Singapore now you will see the only persons outdoors maskless, at least 99 percent, are  western males. Arrogantly traipsing about with the ang moh air of "know it all white supremacy".

Do you want me to get you a cushion for your sore bum?

Maskless farangs in Thailand will be looked at with derision for many years.

More likely to be admired for their bravery as the rest of the population cowers in fear over what is essentially the flu.

Time to let it go, the obsession is boring.

• Like 2

Nothing to "keep up with". Go to masks no longer required outdoors Tokyo or Singapore now you will see the only persons outdoors maskless, at least 99 percent, are  western males. Arrogantly traipsing about with the ang moh air of "know it all white supremacy".

I want nothing to do with these  gormless foreign clods. In the case of Japan the maskless gaijin are the main reason the country remains largely closed. Very shameful.  Think visitors should be held to a higher standard under penalty of expulsion, and heavy fines.

"Do try to keep up", what person under 80 even finds this condescending rejoinder the least but amusing anymore? Maskless farangs in Thailand will be looked at with derision for many years.

If masks and vaccinations stop the spread of Covid, why did everyone still catch it? 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Would a mask stop a person dying ever? No. 

Really? You have proof that not a single person has stopped COVID from spreading by wearing a mask?

Why are masks required in operating rooms?

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If masks and vaccinations stop the spread of Covid, why did everyone still catch it? 

That does not matter. It is about respect and fitting in. Exactly why unless one can get a business or family visa you cannot visit Japan this year without signing up for a strictly guided tour.

Thanks to BritManToo and  a million other other pale faced know it alls who won't simply follow the rules  and keep "asking questions"

21 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

That does not matter. It is about respect and fitting in. Exactly why unless one can get a business or family visa you cannot visit Japan this year without signing up for a strictly guided tour.

Thanks to BritManToo and  a million other other pale faced know it alls who won't simply follow the rules  and keep "asking questions"

Yes, I don't think that masks do much good to help .

But I wore one at all times whilst in Thailand , reason being that I was asked to and it wasn't the time for individual choices 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Oh please get out of the world of black and white.  No they don't stop the spread but they do reduce it.  Isn't that good?

Why did everyone still catch it?  Well in fact everyone did not still catch it, sure some did but nothing approaching everyone. 

Are you feeling okay BritMan?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Oh please get out of the world of black and white.  No they don't stop the spread but they do reduce it.  Isn't that good?

Why did everyone still catch it?  Well in fact everyone did not still catch it, sure some did but nothing approaching everyone. 

Are you feeling okay BritMan?

Well this thread is about going on holiday.

I don't want to wear a mask when I'm on holiday, and I'm sure there's lots of people that think like me. I'd rather stay at home where I don't have to wear a mask, than book a holiday to a place where they want me to wear a mask.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Well this thread is about going on holiday.

I don't want to wear a mask when I'm on holiday, and I'm sure there's lots of people that think like me. I'd rather stay at home where I don't have to wear a mask, than book a holiday to a place where they want me to wear a mask.

Well this thread is not about anyone suggesting that you take an unwanted holiday so you can stay home,  if the wife permits of course.