Food Vendors Must Declare Cannabis Use

snoop1130

Just now, khunjeff said:

Cannabis isn't cheap. Why would any vendor add it to food and drink unless that was a specific selling point that they wanted to advertise? 

We don't know, we can't read their minds. They may be under some misapprehension that it's addition causes people to get ravenously hungry with an elevated appetite and then eat more! 

I am just dismayed if it can be surreptitiously added like a date rape drug!

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

Well,

All those big spending quality tourist families will be fighting to get on the planes to Thailand. You know, husband, wife, 2 young kids coming here so they can introduce their 8 to 10 year olds to the joys of cheap cannabis.

Do food vendors really believe that foreign tourists only come here for cannabis in their Tom Yam Kung?

Edited by overherebc
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, austhai said:

Soup cart vendors have been using cannabis forever here in the soup stock & all the locals know. They will not put a sign on the cart, its common knowledge. 555

Anyone who eats/ate soup or food from a street cart is really living on the courage of ignorance

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Anyone who eats/ate soup or food from a street cart is really living on the courage of ignorance

Really?  That would be the majority of people here in Thailand, literally millions! What a sweeping generalisation ! I personally have never had a problem, in over 30 years. The few times I have suffered have been after eating in what you would probably consider to be "higher-class" establishments

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Really?  That would be the majority of people here in Thailand, literally millions! What a sweeping generalisation ! I personally have never had a problem, in over 30 years. The few times I have suffered have been after eating in what you would probably consider to be "higher-class" establishments

I'm talking about expats not locals.

14 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Why is it if you have a different thought or belief from someone you are instantly told you are wrong.

I don't want to eat street food, I dislike the whole idea. I don't want cannabis leaves or whatever put in my food.

I will eat in places that I enjoy and I really don't want anyone to say I'm wrong for doing so.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, austhai said:

Soup cart vendors have been using cannabis forever here in the soup stock & all the locals know. They will not put a sign on the cart, its common knowledge. 555

Yes its great, it gives the food a certain,  je ne sais quoi

• Like 1

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

Why is it if you have a different thought or belief from someone you are instantly told you are wrong.

I don't want to eat street food, I dislike the whole idea. I don't want cannabis leaves or whatever put in my food.

I will eat in places that I enjoy and I really don't want anyone to say I'm wrong for doing so.

I did not say you were wrong, but you uttered  a sweeping generalisation, which I disagreed with. Of course you are perfectly entitled to eat what ever and where ever you choose. As is anybody else  But you chose to basically insult anybody who choses to eat in places that you personally don't like. Did you not think were inviting at least some criticism with a statement like that ?   

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I did not say you were wrong, but you uttered  a sweeping generalisation, which I disagreed with. Of course you are perfectly entitled to eat what ever and where ever you choose. As is anybody else  But you chose to basically insult anybody who choses to eat in places that you personally don't like. Did you not think were inviting at least some criticism with a statement like that ?   

I don't understand how people can eat it. One poster saying it always has had cannabis in it!!!!. If that's true then what else is in it?  After end of business each day are the dregs of soup left unrefridgerated to breed a few bugs, or what?

33 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I don't understand how people can eat it. One poster saying it always has had cannabis in it!!!!. If that's true then what else is in it?  After end of business each day are the dregs of soup left unrefridgerated to breed a few bugs, or what?

Of course it doesn't always have cannabis in it, don't be ridiculous ,  you shouldn't take any notice of any the inflammatory rubbish that gets posted on here by the anti-cannabis brigade. How could anybody seriously post something as stupid as that? and surely you're not gullible that you believe it.

If as you suspect, the food was stored overnight, and reserved  the next day, there would be endless stories of mass food poisoning outbreaks. That is not really the case is it ?

Just to elaborate on something I mentioned in a previous post  the worst case I have ever experienced personally was when me and the Mrs ate a crab curry from a rather expensive restaurant in Phuket, not really my style but she wanted to see how the other half lived. I think it cost over 3000 bt and that was about 20 years ago. We were both as sick as dogs for 4 days. sometimes even vomiting simultaneously into the toilet! The other end of the digestive system wasn't much better but at least we managed to  stagger those evacuations, She is convinced to this day that it was prepared, possibly in error, for a customer earlier in the day ,and when they didn't want it, it was kept on the off chance that somebody would order it later., which I think is quite possible., but also very unlikely to happen with a street vendor, don't you think?

There have been a few programmes on Tv recently, exposing some of the filthy conditions in so called "quality restaurants" I think Gordon Ramsey made a complete series about it so be careful what you base your assumptions on

I'm not saying that all street food is perfect and with out fault, and I understand it may not be to your taste, (too spicy maybe?   But do dismiss it all as dirty  is somewhat unfair to both the sellers and the consumers 

Thais can be very fussy about food in their own way, and places that don't meet their expectations don't last long, so if one follows them one won't go far wrong as far as street food is concerned, or any food for that matter.

The places to avoid as far as I'm concerned ,are the restaurants catering mainly to tourists were they are not too concerned about repeat customers due to the normally large turnover, wouldn't you agree?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 4:04 PM, Bday Prang said:

Of course it doesn't always have cannabis in it, don't be ridiculous ,  you shouldn't take any notice of any the inflammatory rubbish that gets posted on here by the anti-cannabis brigade. How could anybody seriously post something as stupid as that? and surely you're not gullible that you believe it.

If as you suspect, the food was stored overnight, and reserved  the next day, there would be endless stories of mass food poisoning outbreaks. That is not really the case is it ?

Just to elaborate on something I mentioned in a previous post  the worst case I have ever experienced personally was when me and the Mrs ate a crab curry from a rather expensive restaurant in Phuket, not really my style but she wanted to see how the other half lived. I think it cost over 3000 bt and that was about 20 years ago. We were both as sick as dogs for 4 days. sometimes even vomiting simultaneously into the toilet! The other end of the digestive system wasn't much better but at least we managed to  stagger those evacuations, She is convinced to this day that it was prepared, possibly in error, for a customer earlier in the day ,and when they didn't want it, it was kept on the off chance that somebody would order it later., which I think is quite possible., but also very unlikely to happen with a street vendor, don't you think?

There have been a few programmes on Tv recently, exposing some of the filthy conditions in so called "quality restaurants" I think Gordon Ramsey made a complete series about it so be careful what you base your assumptions on

I'm not saying that all street food is perfect and with out fault, and I understand it may not be to your taste, (too spicy maybe?   But do dismiss it all as dirty  is somewhat unfair to both the sellers and the consumers 

Thais can be very fussy about food in their own way, and places that don't meet their expectations don't last long, so if one follows them one won't go far wrong as far as street food is concerned, or any food for that matter.

The places to avoid as far as I'm concerned ,are the restaurants catering mainly to tourists were they are not too concerned about repeat customers due to the normally large turnover, wouldn't you agree?

Re weed in the food I did say 'if' that's true.

Something that was pointed out to me about eating street food and the possible downsides was about the number of dogs on the streets and the obvious 'solids' they leave lying around. Those do dry up and add to the dust, diesel and gasoline fumes plus whatever else is floating around you while you eat and admire the traffic jams.

Edited by overherebc

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Re weed in the food I did say 'if' that's true.

Something that was pointed out to me about eating street food and the possible downsides was about the number of dogs on the streets and the obvious 'solids' they leave lying around. Those do dry up and add to the dust, diesel and gasoline fumes plus whatever else is floating around you while you eat and admire the traffic jams.

possibly something that people should keep at the forefront of their minds (or maybe not) a bit like the magnified images of bed dwelling dust mites that inhabit even the cleanest bed.  Best not to worry too much 

30 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

possibly something that people should keep at the forefront of their minds (or maybe not) a bit like the magnified images of bed dwelling dust mites that inhabit even the cleanest bed.  Best not to worry too much 

Read somewhere that by the time your pillows are 3 or 4 years old ?? up to half the weight is the dead bodies of dust mites

images (3).jpeg

Edited by overherebc

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 8:44 AM, austhai said:

This is not common knowledge. And I do not believe it. The only thing I can definitely confirm personally is that the danger of diarrhea increases if you eat soup from a street vendor. Might be because of the water they use which is maybe not the best because of cost (just my guess).