Newborn baby found abandoned at a bus stop in Samut Prakan

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Siam Rath

Siam Rath reported that Pol Capt Panyaphol Bunsri of the Bang Poo police in Samut Prakan was called after the discovery of a newborn baby left at a bus stop outside a housing estate opposite a temple on Sukhumvit Road in Muang district.

A foundation rescue staffer said that the infant - thought to be about seven days old - was found by someone on their bicycle. 

The male child was on the concrete seat in an infant's clothing and cap and appeared completely healthy. 

The boy had been bitten by mosquitos. A milk bottle was beside him. The child was taken to Samut Prakan hospital. 

image.jpeg

Picture: Siam Rath

Police told the media that they still don't know who left the child there but they are gathering witness statements.

In a latest development they found that the person responsible was a woman on her own riding a motorcycle. Her movements in the area were captured on CCTV.

Investigations continue. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-07-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

And for how long did you try walking in her shoes?

She had 9 months to plan it did she not ? 

More than likely, she was pregnant by an old boyfriend and the new one said it's me or the kid. And since I - and my wife - was given a child by the mother on the day it was born, who gave us that sob story before marrying a 3rd party, I have little sympathy for the mother who could give it to loving parents rather than abandoning it. It's not like she even dropped it off at an orphanage

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

Did she get on the bus and forget him ....Oh at the

bottom says may have been on motorbike ,so maybe

a good chance to find her.

regards Worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie

20 hours ago, webfact said:

In a latest development they found that the person responsible was a woman on her own riding a motorcycle. Her movements in the area were captured on CCTV.

Chinese?

Wow. A beloved niece just had a baby boy. Our daughter just told us we will be grandparents.  I  can't imagine the desperate situation the girl must be in. I imagine the monks at any temple would have taken the baby. A bus stop bench seems pretty out there.