Female motorcyclist reportedly riding without using headlights or a helmet suffers serious injuries

snoop1130

102066-696x313.jpg

A female motorcyclist aged 35-years-old suffered serious injuries after colliding with another motorcyclist in Sri Racha.

Meanwhile, another motorcyclist claimed the victim was driving without using headlights.

Peaw Yeang Tai Rescue Center rushed to an accident scene on Na Phrao – Suan Suea Rd at 7:45 PM on June 3rd in response to a report that a female motorcyclist crashed into another motorcyclist and lost consciousness.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/07/04/female-motorcyclist-reportedly-riding-without-using-headlights-or-a-helmet-suffers-serious-injuries-after-collision-in-sri-racha/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-07-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Road Warrior said:

COMMON PRACTICE for many thais - MOSTLY no rear light  .UNBLIEVABLE !! and very dangerious for the driver 

Yes, pretty sure they cannot be deliberately turned off on most bikes. 

• Like 1

When driving the ten kms into or out of Hua Hin at night, my wife and I count the number of motor cycle riders without back lights and mostly without helmets as well.  So far the minimum has been 5 but often as many as 7 or 8.   So, the number of accidents involving motor cycles is no surprise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Meanwhile, another motorcyclist claimed the victim was driving without using headlights.

On my early morning excursions on the bike I see many motorcyclists without lights.

I makes me wonder why they value their life less than the price of a bulb?

• Like 2

Some have added a switch to turn off lights… .. guess their way of hiding. 2006 when I moved to China the local buses ran without headlights on…. Supposedly saving life of the bulbs… stupid 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

... She insists, however, on making sure that her headlight is always on full beam when riding at night since she rides on the wrong side of the road against oncoming traffic. This she says is safer because vehicle drivers can see her coming...

In my very humble opinion, this must surely be the most epitomal description of Thai logic ever written.  I'm sending it to Webster's for their next update.

Well done Sir!!