1987-1990 Kawasaki GTO (M8) maybe selling soon

sorry for double post... i cannot edit anymore. ????

ah, i forgot, yes, of course i have the green book, under my name, registered in Chiang Mai (originally registered in Lumphun). Maybe you can see the Chiang Mai license plate... Tax is up to 2020, when i bought it. Inspection was a joke back then (basically, check frame and engine numbers in case i swapped them??), so it'll definitely pass again. Back then my alternator was shot, and they didn't care!

moar stuff:
3 spark plugs
  - with the old carb, i just kept swapping them to make it easy to start in case it got wet
tools
  - socket wrench

- with a few useful socket sizes for this particular motorcycle
  - adjustable wrench

- i bought in Chiang Mai turned out to be iron painted black ;(
  - spark plug wrench(?)
    - this is kinda warped now, aluminum??, from all the times i took it out with the original carburetor, but it still works, i just haven't used it much with the replacement carburetor
original carburetor
  - keep this! it is kinda rare and worth a lot of money (3000b+?), and likely better than the replacement
carburetor parts
  - maybe wrong, but maybe useful?
  - i might have left some with an old mechanic....

anyway, that's enough to get one started! ???? i'm not a mechanic, but you don't need much to do basic adjustments.

ooooh right, yeah, thanks! i forgot about facebook groups.

i was thinking i didn't want to post to Facebook market-place, as i didn't want to deal with... the masses. but yes, you're right, i'll try some groups! thanks!

or maybe GT Rider... if anyone still uses that, for the moto-punks...

Edited by rahil627

yeah, i think you're right... it's def a Thai thing... and old Thai people at that!.. lol

very strange how non-natives are into uncomfortable big scooters that are a pain to maintain though.. ????

Edited by rahil627

• 2 months later...

For parts try Kawasaki in Bangkok ,they are importers of genuine parts .

Put an in line flue filter on the fuel line stops anything getting into the carbs, a few bahts from your local bike shop .speedo not working ,look at the drive in the front wheel hub ,gets worn ,or tabs are bent on the gear ,plus some grease .

Looks like a late modal with some emission controls on it ,like mine ,one is the exhaust silencer ,that baffal just chokes the engine up,the gases  can not get away, take it out and put one in from a Mark 4 just a few bahts .

The biggest problem I had at the end was the gashole fuel ,that engine does not like it ,will not run right, 

The GTO are good bikes I have had 3 ,done over 500 000 km on them ,I still have one parked up ,just reluctant to get rid of it ,like the op people I know are still asking me do I still have my GTO,if so do you want to sell it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kickstart said:

Put an in line flue filter on the fuel line stops anything getting into the carbs, a few bahts from your local bike shop .speedo not working ,look at the drive in the front wheel hub ,gets worn ,or tabs are bent on the gear ,plus some grease .

yeah, i had to add and change the fuel filter several times because the fuel tank was rusty when i bought it. i should have cleaned it when i bought it, but i didnt know. it seems clean now though?

youre right about the speedometer, it's just loosely connected to the front wheel hub, very greasy. i think it's  an easy fix, i just never cared. it was quite nice not to worry about numbers though. i actually prefer without it.

gashole fuel

is this the part you fill fuel / petrol in?

The GTO are good bikes I have had 3 ,done over 500 000 km on them

yeah i felt that this GTO would outlast me! this is incredible, considering how early contemporary bikes die.

http://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/5364841596968168

Edited by rahil627

• 3 weeks later...

updated listing. no clue how fb marketplace works.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1260761498053011/

welp, dang. tough to sell. i should have noted down the phone numbers of those cops that asked for it!

fb marketplace is hella annoying. so many people say they're interested, and then never follow up...?? i miss forums. much better attention span.

maybe i need to make a trip visiting police stations? lol

anyway, i'll be leaving the country this month, so just checking for any last calls.