Pattaya officials urge contractor of drainage system project to speed up completion

snoop1130

S__5095880-696x392.jpg

Pattaya officials inspected an ongoing drainage system project in and around Soi Buakhao and directly urged the contractor to speed up the completion following residents’ complaints that their livelihoods were affected by the project.

A group of Pattaya officials led by Deputy Mayor Manoch Nongyai visited the problematic project in and around Soi Buakhao yesterday, July 4th, after being notified by tourists that the project was impeding their journey to the Pattaya Passport Office due to several construction tools and equipment lying around the street.

Moreover, the business owners in Soi Buakhao complained that the project contractor had closed some parts of the street to proceed with the project without a careful thought that this also entirely shut access to certain business owners’ venues that stood on the roadside, causing them to lose both regular customers and foreigners.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/07/05/pattaya-officials-urge-contractor-of-drainage-system-project-around-soi-buakhao-area-to-speed-up-completion/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-07-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

urged the contractor to speed up the completion

Do they have bonus as well as penalty clauses in their contracts?

If there is no bonus clause in the contract then the contractor is not going to spend one baht "speeding up" the work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DezLez said:

Do they have bonus as well as penalty clauses in their contracts?

If there is no bonus clause in the contract then the contractor is not going to spend one baht "speeding up" the work!

No have penalty or bonus . Only "Can come for more cash when you have mispend the first lot!" ?

• Haha 2

The Thepprasit drains nightmare has been ongoing for a year now and some parts have been more or less completed but there are still bollards and materials left in the road blocking it. Now they've started digging up the busiest spot, where soi's 5, 6 (Kopai), 7, 8 (Regional Land) and 9 all join Thepprasit within about 100 meters. Predictably, it's a traffic disaster.

I went to Villa last week and was horrified to see that they've now started digging up Second Road, in some spots with traffic parked it was reduced to a single lane of traffic. If these works are going to extend all the way along to the Klang junction then they'll still be ongoing at the end of the next high season. Meanwhile, the utter mess they made outside the school where the Baht Buses to Jomtien used to park and all the way past soi 16 shows little sign of being finished. Why on earth can't they complete a job before starting another one?

I understand the new paver blocks/tiles on walking street are already starting to crack and they haven't even finished it yet...that does not bode well once fully open with lots of heavy vehicles.  I saw a video of it and thought gee those paving blocks don't look all that strong.  

• Thanks 1

They can put in as many drainage pipes as they like, the end result is the same....   NO  beach.   ????‍♂️

When it rains the drainage pipes are full before it gets to Soi Bukaow, so the water is coming up from the drains.  The amount of rain that falls can't be contained in pipes underground, it is just impossible. All that will happen when big pipes are installed, is flooding will be moved to another area. 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, engamann said:

2 days ago them had fill in the big hole in second road outside the school , to day them friking dig it up again , this is not a joke ????????????

That has to be one of the slowest projects in the World and at such an important intersection.  The other day we drove by and there seemed to be just one worker there--sitting under a green umbrella.  Month after month after month.   

• Thanks 1

So the most city hall officials can do is 'urge'.  What a joke .2 years of road dug up .using excuse of covid. I guess contracts arent written with time penalties ...more like contracts with favours for some .. Miserable failed city governance 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 9:59 AM, Guderian said:

The Thepprasit drains nightmare has been ongoing for a year now and some parts have been more or less completed but there are still bollards and materials left in the road blocking it. Now they've started digging up the busiest spot, where soi's 5, 6 (Kopai), 7, 8 (Regional Land) and 9 all join Thepprasit within about 100 meters. Predictably, it's a traffic disaster.

I went to Villa last week and was horrified to see that they've now started digging up Second Road, in some spots with traffic parked it was reduced to a single lane of traffic. If these works are going to extend all the way along to the Klang junction then they'll still be ongoing at the end of the next high season. Meanwhile, the utter mess they made outside the school where the Baht Buses to Jomtien used to park and all the way past soi 16 shows little sign of being finished. Why on earth can't they complete a job before starting another one?

Reason can't complete a job is there's no incentive..nothing in a contract when given out .. or bought for the usual.Thai way 

The city is a mess. Glad I don t go there very often.  Of course it would be more efficient and cheaper if the city employed its own staff permanently to do repairs ..but hey guess what .no money to be made because no contracts ..broken city and country 

6 hours ago, morrobay said:

Most likely these "contractors are paid first and long gone.  This mess on Pattaya Klang up from Beach road is going on a year. IMG_20220709_095424.thumb.jpg.998aca716022f204a01e322f487c8895.jpgIMG_20220709_095939.thumb.jpg.2bb52e23cdb8254f05ed71eaba6a5d41.jpgIMG_20220709_095434.thumb.jpg.bb2d9cdbb9a2ebad8b0679bc19798010.jpg

OMG! This is still not finished? I was visiting and took pix of the unfinished sidewalks late last year out front of Big C Extra. My friends told me it had been like this for 6-8 months already. 

Well, scratch my plans to move back to Pattaya any time soon with all the other (above mentioned) main roads broken up and a long ways to go before being finished. And then they'll dig them up again on a new contract. Big spending tourists are going to love this luxury seaside resort. /sarcasm off/

• Like 1

20 hours ago, morrobay said:

Most likely these "contractors are paid first and long gone.  This mess on Pattaya Klang up from Beach road is going on a year. 

Heaven knows, I heard there was some legal dispute in relation to completing the Klang pavements. Not sure if the contractor was one of the many companies surreptitiously owned by the family at the top! It appears they have no leverage over them to get the job done.... it is bloody pathetic!

• Like 1