Who Do I Vote For! I Want Poor People!

thaigene2

Glad Thaksin and others are gone. Most of the lot were too cowardly to protect the assets of the Thai people. Let those TRT who are interested in politics join another party. I hope those who feel ripped off sit on the sidelines and monitor those in power after the next election. If they see corruption, they shoul d speak out and protest. If the new government lets any act of corruption go uninvestigated, the people should rise up against it. The new government should be put under a microscope. If they do wrong and don't protect the assets of the country then should be confronted by mass protests. Politicians who break laws should be punished by the system or else eliminated by the people.

He had discussed the alternatives with the Election Commission and the Constitution Drafting Assembly and they shared a common view that there is ample time remaining to establish political parties.

gotta take your hat off to the fine men in office ,

given that we don't know the extent of that time, just that it's getting less daily ..................

read it again ... slowly :o

here's ya chance ....

you tell me what the time frame is ?

don't worry , I'm not expecting you to know either .

it is 90 days that someone must be a member of a party for them to be eligible to stand for elections .... assuming your buddies from TRT and affiliates are not idiots (ok that may be a HUGE leap of faith :o ) They have the paperwork ready to submit for a new party already. They should also have membership rosters ready as well. Register a party in July or August and they are set.

other than bankrupt and corrupt a workable health care scheme?

Guess who I will vote for :-)

to anyone who has said that, and especially the Democrats I always ask this question...and still ask it....cos Ive not had even an attempt at an answer...

if the 30baht health care scheme will bankrupt the system (Im not arguing if it will or not...Im not smart enough to work that out...) BUT my question is...how do the democrats intend to manage a 0baht scheme (totally free)...since that is what they were counter-proposing after repeatedly telling us the 30baht scheme cannot work

The solution is in restricting what and who zero baht should cover; the fact that my friend who doesn't even have a Thai passport (born in Thailand, but grew up in NZ) and working earning over 100,000b a month was eligible might give you some clue that everyone was eligible for 30b, and the only reason why rich people didn't want it is that it was a second rate service, with Sudarat's family's second rate medicine.

The IT spec for the healthcare scheme was filled with consultants designing a system that they didn't even know where they would roll out or for who. it was incompetent to the max. And of course, doctors were still charging a gratuity to do the work anyway, so it was never really 30b anyhow.

A well planned and subsidised healthcare scheme for the genuinely poor is something I and most other Thai tax payers are willing to pay for. But i don't like to have to pay for people who go to hospital for OTC medication to save a buck. Key thing is to have a budget for it, restrict it to genuinely poor and exclude OTC medicine such as paraceatamol or similar.

Of course, whether the Democrats or anyone else has the interest in doing this, well who knows. Dr Atit maybe since he created the first scheme, but AFAIK he isn't involved in politics anymore. I don't know who the health expert is in the Democrats anymore.

Edited by steveromagnino