Costs to feel comfortable in the US- I call BS

DrPhibes

So I ran across a recent survey on what net worth of people in different cities in the US said made then comfortable:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/10/how-much-money-it-takes-to-be-financially-comfortable-in-us-cities.html

I call <deleted> on this.  You can't even get a house for cash in the San Francisco area for the entire amount they claim would make you feel comfortable living there.  Maybe if the SF house was paid off and you had that much in the bank you would feel secure. 

I'm comfortable having renters pay rent that breaks even for a couple of US properties I have while I am lucky enough to live in Chiang Mai, with a bit in the bank, and a stable seasonal business.  That makes me comfortable.

Some people believe that just paying all your bills every month is getting ahead.

Hope all well with everyone!

• Sad 1

Yeah, I agree... doesn't make much sense unless they all have large incomes which they use to pay off mortgages and have something [a new worth] left over...

In NYC a guy gets run over by a car, he is lying in the road, blood coming out of his head, - - another guy puts a bag under his head to prop him up while they wait for the ambulance... the guy asks, "are you comfortable?"

"I'm ok. I make about $100,000 a year."