Testosterone - oral pills

Wandr

Have people tried the oral testosterone sold in Thailand? Two brand names are Testos and Testocaps.

My question is whether they work and in what dosage.

My doctor is not too keen on injections because of the big ups in testosterone levels. He recommends gels but they seem to be hard to get.

The pills are also easy to take and preferable - assuming they work.

Your doc recommends, but you state hard to get ... seems a bit strange if he/she will write a script for it, simply buy at the hospital he works at, or pharmacy he/she will recommend.

41 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Your doc recommends, but you state hard to get ... seems a bit strange if he/she will write a script for it, simply buy at the hospital he works at, or pharmacy he/she will recommend.

He is not in this country.

If you don't have an answer to the question then just keep quiet. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wandr said:

He is not in this country.

If you don't have an answer to the question then just keep quiet. 

Again, if his doc recommends, and will obviously write a script, how is finding it an issue.

It is in the Thai forum ... go figure.  And you are asking for someone else (?), but state 'my doc' .... or is your doc not in TH ... make up your mind.

... hmm

Either way, get a script & buy, test yourself, instead of stranger's recommending or not, as all med affect all people differently.  Along with why needed and application of said meds.

You left a lot out of your OP for anyone to offer any specific advice.

Edited by KhunLA

Make sure you use the original Andriol testocaps 40mg by organon and not the the thai copy. Only used short terms once and awhile and I find it good. Start up Dosage is described on package, but in beginning you should do frequently blood work to find your optimal dose. 

Read this

https://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Consumers/cmi/a/andriol.pdf

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Make sure you use the original Andriol testocaps 40mg by organon and not the the thai copy. Only used short terms once and awhile and I find it good. Start up Dosage is described on package, but in beginning you should do frequently blood work to find your optimal dose. 

Read this

https://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Consumers/cmi/a/andriol.pdf

Thanks....

A few questions:

Why are you recommending against the Thai product. I ask because I have found Thai generic drugs to be fine and effective.

Where is Andriol available? Drug stores have only come up with the Thai product. 

14 minutes ago, Wandr said:

Thanks....

A few questions:

Why are you recommending against the Thai product. I ask because I have found Thai generic drugs to be fine and effective.

Where is Andriol available? Drug stores have only come up with the Thai product. 

Because the original have less impact on your liver and kidney because of the gel they use. 

also read about the effect of having a meal together with your testocaps. 

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1365-2265.2007.02781.x

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

Because the original have less impact on your liver and kidney because of the gel they use. 

also read about the effect of having a meal together with your testocaps. 

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1365-2265.2007.02781.x

I checked. I was told that the imported pills have not been available in Thailand for two years.

Still waiting to hear if people have had satisfactory results from the Thai oral pills and in what dosage. 

39 minutes ago, Wandr said:

I checked. I was told that the imported pills have not been available in Thailand for two years.

Still waiting to hear if people have had satisfactory results from the Thai oral pills and in what dosage. 

I used them occasionally when touring when did not bring any amps with me, and it was the only ones for sale, and the test work, but the long term side effects of them no idea.

We know most oral T is not good for your kidneys and liver, but the Organon is supposed to be better because of their formula with the oil. 

Dosage is based on recomended start up dose and adjusted by as said frequently blood work.

If you need long term Testosterone replacement therapy I would check the reason for it and get an second opinion. Some claim clomid is a short term fix 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5508437/

If you need TRT oral T is not a long term solution from what I understand. 

When you first start with TRT, it is a life long treatment, and there is for most no way back after 6 months or so because you suppress your natural hormone  production. 

According to my Urologist, Testosterone pills are nearly worthless. Injections or gel are what you need. The gels are a huge pain in the hindquarters. I get an injection once every three weeks. Testosterone Enanthate is what is normally prescribed. Vials have recently gone up to about 250 baht for a 250 milligram vial.

1 hour ago, Nickelbeer said:

According to my Urologist, Testosterone pills are nearly worthless. Injections or gel are what you need. The gels are a huge pain in the hindquarters. I get an injection once every three weeks. Testosterone Enanthate is what is normally prescribed. Vials have recently gone up to about 250 baht for a 250 milligram vial.

That's what I am finding - blood test shows the pills haven't changed the reading.

Why is the gel a pain? Messy?

Gel seems to be preferred by many in the USA because they don't cause huge swings like the shots do. 

1 hour ago, Wandr said:

That's what I am finding - blood test shows the pills haven't changed the reading.

Gel seems to be preferred by many in the USA because they don't cause huge swings like the shots do. 

Not a good long time solution if you live in hot climate, active outdoor lifestyle, and also risk to transfer to your gf/partner or wife.

The high and low swings depends on the dose and how often you inject, and if more frequent injections subcutaneously is a good solution. I'm now on weekly 0,33  subcutaneously injections, and my mood and blood work is great. Of course personal experience with a few clinical studies behind my choice that state it is as good as IM.

6 years experience with Testo caps, gel, Nebido every 3 months, and Enenthate IM every 17 days and also every week, and because of the less hazel and based on my mood, me hitting the gym frequently and lifting weights, and my blood work, subcutaneously injections works for me. 

14 hours ago, Wandr said:

Yep, gels are messy and take too much time to apply properly. You have a point about the lack of swings from gel. I never noticed any. It took about a month before daily application of the gel resulted in the desired result, but it effectively brought back the dead. I just find the shots more convenient for me. When I first moved here, the gels were not available like they are now. My urologist put me on an “every three weeks” regimen. When I moved to Pattaya, I consulted a Swiss doctor, who seemed sold on Nebido. He told me that my levels were “too high” and said that would produce the opposite effect. he cut me back to once a month just before I stopped going to him because he wanted to switch me to Nebido. Lately, I am considering going back to the “every three weeks” routine. I think he is peddling what makes him more money, rather than something backed by hard science.

Plain testosterone taken orally has no effect -- the liver clears it rapidly.

Traditional oral anabolic steroids (e.g. Dianabol) are chemically altered ("17 alpha alkylated") in such a way that liver operation is made less efficient; hence the possibility of liver damage.

Injected testosterone and similar are mixed with oil, and are absorbed (and cleared) very slowly.  They can safely provide steady levels over long periods.  .

New oral forms are also mixed with oil, and are digested in a manner that keeps the testosterone away from liver clearance longer (but does not affect the liver's operation).   See this for discussion of steady-state levels:   

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4168025/ 

and this for a longer discussion of all forms: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmacokinetics_of_testosterone

--Retiree