Lotus's Website

Mattd

Am I the only one that simply cannot get on with the new Lotus's online web portal?

I used to purchase quite a lot via the old Tesco Lotus website, especially the heavier, bulkier items such as water, laundry related, cat food etc.

Since Tesco pulled out the website has been redone and so badly it is untrue, totally illogical and super slow.

When I first tried to use it, I had to reregister all of my details, first surprise, please enter your 13 digit Thai ID card............ I tried several spurious numbers beginning with a 1 or a 3, no chance, ended up having to use my son's ID number, not a big deal, but why would they restrict Foreigners from shopping online with them? There was no option to put a Nationality or passport number.

Every single time you use the site it wants to know the delivery address, I only have one entered in under my username, so use that!!

Next step is where do you want your items delivering from............ I don't care, Lotus's you decide based on the delivery address!!

Then when do you want it delivering, today or next day, no other choices that I can see, the delivery window has now increased to 4 hours from 2 hours as well, which is a PITA as it ties too much time up.

The site is super slow, so takes ages to do the shopping, one time I fell foul as spent over one hour adding items to the cart only to find out that the max. number of items is 99, any more and you have to delete items from your cart ???? 

All in all, a fail as far as I'm concerned, come on Lotus's you should be able to do better than this!

Before being asked, I work weekdays and divorced, so no 'her indoors' to do the shopping and weekends tend to be busy.

Moan over!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Browsing through the site feels quite normal, not particularly slow.

Trust me, when you start actually shopping it is slow, adding items to the cart can take a while.

• Confused 1

1.  There is no requirement to enter ID card number - that is for additional membership - but they are not clear on that at all.

2.  There is no list of ordered items or items you want to have quick access to when ordering as was case before or can with Tops.  Klutzy workaround is to use previous order list.

3.  Ordering address is indeed a mess - and if you want same day delivery no actual stores are available - only the local Lotuss Fresh Mart - and my one try had only one item of a dozen available (although supposed to be current stock list displayed).  For next day delivery a supermarket order was supposed to be 10-14 and arrived 1600 with no notice of delay.  But stock control is much better than Tesco with all/most items ordered available (more than 30 different items).  Reason for store choice is stock may be available at one but not another so can be valuable tool.

4.  Personal data page will not allow edit of phone number - have had spam SMS for weeks asking to go to fill out customer survey - doing so did not stop the spam and as soon as completed first question (are you an employee it ended).

As was Tesco delivery customer since it started as prototype many years ago have just about given up. 

Edited by lopburi3

39 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

1.  There is no requirement to enter ID card number - that is for additional membership - but they are not clear on that at all.

I'll stand corrected on that, however, it was adamant that I had to enter the ID number and was not allowing me to register any further without it.

It could have been something I did wrong initially.

2 hours ago, Mattd said:

I'll stand corrected on that, however, it was adamant that I had to enter the ID number and was not allowing me to register any further without it.

It could have been something I did wrong initially.

I had the same issue but when sounded retreat found I was registered.  Just did not fill out that page.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I miss having the option to make changes to orders after they’ve been placed. Also, whose bright idea was the name, i.e., “Lotus’s?” Obviously no one whose first language is English.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, fusion58 said:

I miss having the option to make changes to orders after they’ve been placed. Also, whose bright idea was the name, i.e., “Lotus’s?” Obviously no one whose first language is English.

My thoughts too, on the name. I suspect "Lotus" is already taken though!

On 7/16/2022 at 1:46 PM, Mattd said:

why would they restrict Foreigners from shopping online with them?

They don't.  As a long time user I did whatever they asked me to do when the site changed, I certainly wasn't asked for a Thai ID number (and I wouldn't have access to one either) and I still am able to make regular online orders without any issues.

On 7/16/2022 at 3:30 PM, dddave said:

I've now officially given up even trying to register, ID b.s

You must be doing something wrong, or trying to register for something extra, with the change I was never asked for any ID of any description and my orders are accepted and delivered without query.

On 7/25/2022 at 1:14 AM, fusion58 said:

Do you have the same complaint with "MacDonald's", "Chester's" or "Top's", for example, or do you just want to have a go at Lotus's, one of many businesses named that (possessive) way?  Maybe your first language isn't English?

45 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Do you have the same complaint with "MacDonald's", "Chester's" or "Top's", for example, or do you just want to have a go at Lotus's, one of many businesses named that (possessive) way?  Maybe your first language isn't English?

Actually having the ability to schedule an order and add last minute items was a great feature for many of us who used Tesco Lotus home delivery.  Loss of that plus favorites list is a major negative in my mind - will be unlikely to use after being a customer since it was first available.  Yes perhaps only 10k a month loss for my business - but suspect others will be shifting orders to other providers.

41 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

Actually having the ability to schedule an order and add last minute items was a great feature for many of us who used Tesco Lotus home delivery. 

Yes, I didn't suggest that it wasn't a useful feature.

On 7/27/2022 at 12:03 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

If you can’t see the difference between the examples you just gave and “Lotus’s” then perhaps it’s you who needs the remedial English. 

BTW, it’s “Tops” - not “Top’s.” ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fusion58 said:
On 7/27/2022 at 12:03 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

If you can’t see the difference between the examples you just gave and “Lotus’s” then perhaps it’s you who needs the remedial English. 

BTW, it’s “Tops” - not “Top’s.” ????

You were quite right about Tops but go ahead and explain the difference between (the possessive) McDonald's, Chester's and Lotus's.  Incidentally, I did not say that you were in need of "remedial" English.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You were quite right about Tops but go ahead and explain the difference between (the possessive) McDonald's, Chester's and Lotus's.  Incidentally, I did not say that you were in need of "remedial" English.

The difference is in degree of difficulty in pronunciation.

”Lotus’s” is unlike the other two examples you gave in that it requires two consecutive “s” sounds. Clearly, this isn’t the greatest branding decision from a marketing perspective.

However, the real irony here is that you’re busting my chops re: my command of the language while I need to explain all of the above to you. ????

• Like 1