Where To Find Hygrometers?

thaiwholesale

Where to buy hygrometers/thermometers hope to find digital but traditional is ok if digital is not available in Chiang Mai?

The clock shops on Thapae Rd between the Night Bazaar (Chang Klan) and Kampaeng Din have them.

CB

From Thai forums

Thermo-Hygrometer 100-200 bhat

Amorn Shop ,computer center ICON SQUARE

O4016575-3.jpg

Digital Hygrometer 1000-1500 bht

SK tradding (opposite Prasat Neurological hospital, Suthep Rd.)

Edited by BambinA

Ok, I just went out on a fact finding mission and Bambina is the winner. :o

I asked at the two clock shops next to each other just before Kamphaeng Din, and they didn't have them. Then got the usual rant from the Mrs about trusting a bunch for Farangs on the internet more than just ask her; apparently "EVERYONE" knows that there are a bunch of chemists / chemical supplies shops on Suthep Road that have them. .. .. Well anyway, she knew; she remembered from her chemical classes I guess.

Drove overthere, found S.K. Trading which is a TINY little shop run by a very friendly older gentleman who speaks perfect English. When driving up Suthep Road coming from the old city, it's on the left hand side a bit after the Sirimankhalajarn Rd traffic lights and well before you get to Nimmanhaemin.

The shop is small but has a good selection, has cheapo thermometers, the digital thermo/hygrometer for 1500 baht, and I settled on the one pictured below.... It looks incredibly traditional. :D Something stuck in time, somehow managing to avoid any new fancy designs or technologies. It costs 380 baht, have a look:

post-6796-1182581873_thumb.jpg

Detail:

post-6796-1182581893_thumb.jpg

It works by filling the 'Wet' thermometer with some water, which will cause the temperature to drop. In between the two thermometers is a table where you can read the relative humidity by subtracting the Wet reading from the dry one, then finding the humidity value in the table.

I just love that kind of #*@&.

Edited by chanchao

I'd be happy to come over with my post-23786-1182613175.jpg-era instrument to give you the end-all answer about which one of your fancy-schmancy modernistic contraptions to trust.

Or on a more serious note: It seems you have stuck the thermometers directly on to a surface, perhaps a roof with insulation? I think thermometers are designed with air temperature in mind or in any case the position of the actual sensor (in case of the digital ones) will make a difference in temperature. So try suspending them in the air, all of them.