zipmex situation

akda

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

Do you think the government / tax payer will bail you out?

We have SEC for some purpose, right?

Mine amount is not that big, just trying to understand the rules.

45 minutes ago, akda said:

We have SEC for some purpose, right?

Mine amount is not that big, just trying to understand the rules.

"How safe our funds are with Zipmex in case things go other way? How much protection does Thai Laws provide?

What are the power and limitations of SEC in this regard?"

Why are these questions being asked now? Due diligence before investing is wise.

If your crypto is stored on zipmex and they have frozen withdrawals then afraid you will probably have to wait for legal proceedings to evolve or when Zipmex allow withdrawals again, who knows how long that will take, maybe you should be asking Zipmex help center.

Edited by userabcd

1 hour ago, userabcd said:

"How safe our funds are with Zipmex in case things go other way? How much protection does Thai Laws provide?

What are the power and limitations of SEC in this regard?"

Why are these questions being asked now? Due diligence before investing is wise.

If your crypto is stored on zipmex and they have frozen withdrawals then afraid you will probably have to wait for legal proceedings to evolve or when Zipmex allow withdrawals again, who knows how long that will take, maybe you should be asking Zipmex help center.

well this forum is to ask question. nothing wrong in asking.

Also a crypto investor knows the risk and they are willing to take it. We know "Invest only what we can afford to lose".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

just go away dude, you're contributing nothing to either this discussion or any other post for that matter.

agree, why is he even following the crypto thread.

@Lemsta69I got the email you posted above.

As I see situation is not that bad, and users are not locked out of fund like Celsius or Vauld.

I had nothing in ZipUp+ so bit safe. I never trust these lending platforms as I do swing trading.

With Zipmex I have received fiat in my bank account.

Also I have withdrawal all of my crypto to a wallet. To be on safer side. I will be moving to bitkub for time being.

Edited by akda

1 hour ago, akda said:

agree, why is he even following the crypto thread.

@Lemsta69I got the email you posted above.

As I see situation is not that bad, and users are not locked out of fund like Celsius or Vauld.

I had nothing in ZipUp+ so bit safe. I never trust these lending platforms as I do swing trading.

With Zipmex I have received fiat in my bank account.

Also I have withdrawal all of my crypto to a wallet. To be on safer side. I will be moving to bitkub for time being.

that's good to hear that you had limited exposure to zipup. but even if you did, at least you tried something different instead of living the same fixed-pension day of 20 baht noodles and a small beer Chaaaang ????

ps. I put all the haters on ignore and only see their posts if someone is silly enough to respond to the nattering nabobs of negativity.

aseannow.com/ignore

• Like 1

@Lemsta69one good article in BagkokPost today 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2354996/explainer-the-lowdown-on-the-zipmex-situation

They have signed MOU with some investors. From what I understand. They will recover. Potentially Zipup+ users might lose money. To avoid lending issues. I think, In future zipmex will suspend ZipUp+, and allow only trading of crypto.

Edited by akda

• 1 year later...