British man caught lying about being attacked by taxi driver

snoop1130

1659071795_284064-chiangmainews-696x414.jpg

A British national was caught reportedly lying to the authorities about being attacked by a taxi driver while returning from an entertainment venue on Ratchawithi Road in Mueang District, Chiang Mai province, last Tuesday, July 26th.

This followed a news report that the foreign victim was stabbed by a Thai taxi driver at around 1:52 AM. on Tuesday. He was reportedly injured from sharp cuts on his palm and fingers. He was taken to a private hospital in Chiang Mai and confirmed to the tourist police that he had been attacked and that his mobile phone was missing.

Chiang Mai police, however, became suspicious of the story when Mr. Miller was unable to answer basic questions about the alleged attack and taxi description or where he had hired the car and began asking questions themselves and reviewing CCTV in the area where Daniel had been found injured.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/07/29/british-man-caught-lying-about-being-attacked-by-taxi-driver-in-chiang-mai-instead-reportedly-hurt-himself-while-climbing-into-residents-yards/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-07-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Not another drunk idiot. He is a liar who tried to criminally implicate an innocent Thai Taxi driver. Not sure about here but in US , he would have criminal charges.

I wouldnt jump to too many conclusions. Are we all sure this isn't another "it was all a misunderstanding" story. Taxi assaults are very bad for business

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Not another drunk idiot. He is a liar who tried to criminally implicate an innocent Thai Taxi driver. Not sure about here but in US , he would have criminal charges.

Somewhat agree with the false premise of implication of another person (Thai) in committing a crime against him but there seems to be no mention of a specific taxi driver. The British guy is clearly a waste of space. Many of us here have been truly <deleted> faced after a night out but to go as far as accusing another for our injuries is wrong. How he came to truly sustain his injuries will likely never be known.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

I hate to be the one to break the news to you but This Is Thailand, not the USA. Thailand is much more civilised than that hellhole and long may it stay that way.

No Shat Sherlock!! Happy that you figured it out finally!!!

Golden Raspberry award for you!!

Search it on Google...btw made in Amelica...

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, RandiRona said:

No Shat Sherlock!! Happy that you figured it out finally!!!

Golden Raspberry award for you!!

Search it on Google...btw made in Amelica...

so if you already know that, why compare Thailand to a failing state with an inherently corrupt ideology? let the CM police sort it out as best they see fit.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 4:24 AM, Lemsta69 said:

so if you already know that, why compare Thailand to a failing state with an inherently corrupt ideology? let the CM police sort it out as best they see fit.

I wasnt , I was only pointing out that his lying about attack a kin to a criminal offence and since I am not aware of Thai laws regarding this, I pointed out my knowledge of US laws to point that its criminal. No where I compared US with Thailand. 

12 minutes ago, RandiRona said:

I wasnt , I was only pointing out that his lying about attack a kin to a criminal offence and since I am not aware of Thai laws regarding this, I pointed out my knowledge of US laws to point that its criminal. No where I compared US with Thailand. 

The Police just came to the conclusion that he was lying .

They came to that conclusion because he couldn't answer the questions coherently . 

He was drunk and therefore that maybe the reason why he couldn't answer coherently .

It is quite possible that he was being chased for some reason and that he indeed was attacked .

People dont usually jump over fences for no reason .

So, there could possibly be a bit more to this story 

• Thanks 1

Lying to the police in a foreign country, while drunk, and disgracing the name of the taxi driver and company.

This is why I have 10 attorneys on speed dial.

This guy has ruined the falang name, destroyed any hope of the English colonizing Thailand, and everyone is talking about this story and deportation and 1000 years in jail is a must.

the greatest shame I can possibly imagine.....I wish I never learned this English language, but this website won't let me chat in my native tongue!!!!!   oh well.

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2022 at 2:32 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Queue the hang em high comments.....

... Deport him.

... Gives us all a bad name.

... Thailand doesn’t need foreigners like this.

... He’s a guest in this country and should behave as such.

... Another fool who can’t handle his booze.

... Must have mental issues.

... Brits causing problems (yes.. there will have to be a few anti-brit comments...  RB ?).

Realistically, this is a nothing story...  an drunk idiot.. He’ll have to pay for the damages and say sorry and that will be about it. 

Brexit?