Pattaya City Hospital

Farang two dot zero

I went to Pattaya City Hospital for a burning problem while urinating, I waited from 5 to 6 p.m. and was received by a doctor who spoke very good English. After an oral diagnosis, he prescribed me an antibiotic, Darflox 100.
I paid 500 baht for the consultation and 840 baht for medicine, i will see if it works, if so I will switch to Binozyt 250 mg (Azithromycin).

• Confused 1

I went to Pattaya International Hospital down on Soi 2 once.  Just a rash.  They did a quick Gram Negative test of bacteria if my memory serves, nurses were cute as one could imagine.  Lady doctor was a doll.  Talked about life in the USA.  I felt bad for her because she was aware of things and how limited on her advancement in Thailand.  Test was basic skin scraping sample collecting.  Basically negative result and nothing to worry about.  Got some topical lotion and some pills.  All easy and cheap.  No issues.  A pleasant experience over all.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, champers said:

What on earth has the OP let himself in for? Not too sure about the advice from a hospital doctor so go to an anonymous internet forum for a second opinion.

He did not ask for anything....

Just posting his experiences and the prices.

• Like 1

Fifteen or so years ago there were numerous small clinics around the Walking Street area where bar girls/boys and/or punters could go for treatment when they had a problem with their private parts. I'm not sure that the doctors were up to much, but they probably saw more STD's in the average week than a normal doctor would see in a year!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Farang two dot zero said:

Nothing asked...

Yes doctors here appear shy to ask questions about sex, in Pattaya you'd think they would. A Dr here at memorial said i had Strep throat, when in fact months later in UK after taking a swab was diagnosed as throat gonorrhea 

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes doctors here appear shy to ask questions about sex, in Pattaya you'd think they would. A Dr here at memorial said i had Strep throat, when in fact months later in UK after taking a swab was diagnosed as throat gonorrhea 

How did you get that then?

• Haha 1