Process for obtaining Canadian letter of income ?

I'm coming over in mid September and it will be my first Non O visa.  My understanding is that the "letter of income " from the Canadian Embassy is obtained online now, but I can't find instructions on how to go about it.  Any information is most appreciated

Maybe this will help somewhat. I only say this because I originally had an O-A and am now on extensions. I get emailed to me in Bangkok a signed letter from my former employer, listing my company pension.

I have two other pensions. The Embassy told me I only need to do screen caps of my CPP and OAS pensions from my government account. Actually, I can print each formatted statement off from the screen or throw them onto a USB drive and print everything off in colour at a computer shop.

I take these to the Embassy. I remember filling out a form. They use a pre-formatted statement. A counsellor fills in the blanks, adds them up and issues the signed and stamped Statement of Income, addressed to Thai immigration, along the lines of To Whom It May Concern, which you present to Thai immigration.  1500 baht, I believe, which can change based on the exchange rate.

I also remember, the embassy changed to cashless payments, either bank draft or credit card. Fees listed on link below. Scroll down to Notarial Services, Payment Methods, Letter of Income: 

https://www.international.gc.ca/country-pays/thailand-thailande/bangkok-info.aspx?lang=eng#NS

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
Typos
  • Thanks 1

I get my income letter from the Chiang Mai Canadian Consular office every year, going in person. Can do it at Bangkok CDN embassy as well, but it is more convenient in CM. Can email them ahead to make an appointment, but there was never anyone else there when I needed one.

I print out a copy of my Canadian income tax assessment for the prior tax year showing my Canadian income, sign the documents, pay the fee, and get the letter within minutes to take to immigration. Easy peasy. The letter is valid for 6 months.

Good you are getting the non O, rather than the OA.

• Thanks 1

Thank you both for the helpful replies.  I looked into the O-A and it seems like a lot of needless hassle.  Getting in to see a doctor here in Vancouver has become very difficult, and they'd be none too amused about  filling out forms stating that I don't have elephantiasis and tertiary syphilis.