Phuket 2 nights

Sparktrader

Phuket Town has great nightlife, unless you mean girlie bars.  There's an awesome little jazz club just a block or so from main drag of the old town, and several of the old-town bars have live music.  But of course it's very far from the beach.

If you mean girlie bars, or thump-thump EDM discos, I think Patong might fit your bill.

Your tastes may differ, but if I were going solo (and not trying to hook up) I'd go to beaches by day and plan to get back to Phuket Town for dinner and to enjoy the civilized nightlife.

When I was there last New Year's, taxis were godawful expensive compared to Bangkok, and also really hard to find outside the main tourist centers, and the drivers weren't very friendly.  If you're trying to save money, research the bus options.  If you're trying to save time, just suck it up.

1 minute ago, FalangTingTong said:

Phuket Town has great nightlife, unless you mean girlie bars.  There's an awesome little jazz club just a block or so from main drag of the old town, and several of the old-town bars have live music.  But of course it's very far from the beach.

If you mean girlie bars, or thump-thump EDM discos, I think Patong might fit your bill.

Your tastes may differ, but if I were going solo (and not trying to hook up) I'd go to beaches by day and plan to get back to Phuket Town for dinner and to enjoy the civilized nightlife.

When I was there last New Year's, taxis were godawful expensive compared to Bangkok, and also really hard to find outside the main tourist centers, and the drivers weren't very friendly.  If you're trying to save money, research the bus options.  If you're trying to save time, just suck it up.

Ok blu monkey hotel looks like a good spot