Best Mates With Ex?

Last night I met my friend Noy again who had flown up from Ko Samui and is now in Switzerland with her boyfriend. She had invited me down to meet her on Kaosan rd before going to the airport and the drinks were her treat as I have to travel quite far to get to Banglumpoo.

She is an ex girlfriend who I met on my second visit to Ko Samui two yrs ago.

We also bumped into Da who introduced me to her new boyfriend who got in a round of tequillas.

Da is the girl I split up with before returning to England four months ago.

On my way home Toon rang me and we chatted for over twenty minutes about our lives etc... and that we should go out for a meal again soon - only this time I would pay.

Toon is an ex Nana bar girl and possibly the best relationship I have ever had - one I certainly shouldn't have let go last October.

On my birthday last week, Kung, my boring but beautiful workaholic ex made an appearance at my birthday bash and brought me a bottle of vodka and a huge bunch of roses.

We split up last September as she was so busy I hardly ever saw her.

My point is...

This would NEVER happen back home, I am only on speaking terms with one English girl that I once had the briefest of flings with.

Many of my Thai relationships have started sexually and either progressed and ended amicably as a result of circumstance or have simply just fazed into a general friendship.

Is this a common Thai trait to stay frinds with your ex or is it just because I'm such a wonderful and fantastic bloke? :o

LOL :o

I'm the same way. I'm very good friends with my ex fiance, but of course my bf now does not like it. Why hate eachother for the things that is in the pass which may have cause u to break up? Let it go, get over it, you're happier now, then u dont have a grudge to hold on to. It would kill u more inside, if u ran into eachother and have this mean look and is like, i hate u. Its so much better just to be, hey how u doing, lets have some drinks. Dont u think?

LOL :o

I'm the same way. I'm very good friends with my ex fiance, but of course my bf now does not like it. Why hate eachother for the things that is in the pass which may have cause u to break up? Let it go, get over it, you're happier now, then u dont have a grudge to hold on to. It would kill u more inside, if u ran into eachother and have this mean look and is like, i hate u. Its so much better just to be, hey how u doing, lets have some drinks. Dont u think?

You've just hit the nail on the head - assuming you're Thai, It's your 'Mai pen rai' attitude which we love so much.

Don't ever change Sandy. :D

Is this a common Thai trait to stay frinds with your ex or is it just because I'm such a wonderful and fantastic bloke""

The reason is because they were just sexual flings and so no love lost,,it is love that turns into hate,and one party is always hurt if there is love. :o

I am best freinds with my ex in England, married nine years 3 kids, divorced 18 years ago but still mates, I help her with her relationships and she helps with mine (as independant observers) if you see what I mean.

I suppose it was the kids welfare that kept us talking, I hav had a marriage since but I dont keep in touch with my last Farang wife- she was seriously crazy (or I was) but we had no kids.

And I got married TODAY!! :D

(and before anybody asks "why are you on Thai Visa on your wedding night? )well TIT. I thought I was going to get the papers signed today so that I could marry in Surat Thani NEXT Friday, but apparantly as I sat in front of this desk I was presented with a Marriage Certificate and told I was now married!! Blew me away, no condemded mans breakfast, I did not even shave.

My wife new we were getting married but thought I realised,which I did not, she told me if we took two witnesses we would not have to pay any money, I thought this was just to authenticicate the paperwork we have a big bash planned down there next friday with me taking all my sons and freinds down , just taken the edge off it I suppose, but I do feel a right <deleted>, who would get married and not realise it? ONly "Stupid Farang"

Hands Up- its Me :o

If you went with her to the amphur office and signed some papers and showed them your passport and the letter from your embassy as to your marital status then you could very well be married.

Slick ain't it.

:o Just the way i am. Besides, old flings can be good sometimes. LOL :D JK hehehe

And this "said in jest" is exactly why your fella now hates it when you talk to your ex. Because ex's have flings very often. God knows I've shagged just about every ex I've had. Most of them were in a new relationship.

Some women (most i know) just can't keep their knickers on.

Why hate eachother for the things that is in the pass which may have cause u to break up? Let it go, get over it, you're happier now, then u dont have a grudge to hold on to. It would kill u more inside, if u ran into eachother and have this mean look and is like, i hate u. Its so much better just to be, hey how u doing, lets have some drinks

Dont u think?

Yes I think so, Sandy.

But the heart has reasons the mind does not always understand.

Or does not want.

And hate can be more powerful than love.

And longer lasting,...

• 2 weeks later...
I am best freinds with my ex in England, married nine years 3 kids, divorced 18 years ago but still mates, I help her with her relationships and she helps with mine (as independant observers) if you see what I mean.

I suppose it was the kids welfare that kept us talking, I hav had a marriage since but I dont keep in touch with my last Farang wife- she was seriously crazy (or I was) but we had no kids.

And I got married TODAY!! :D

(and before anybody asks "why are you on Thai Visa on your wedding night? )well TIT. I thought I was going to get the papers signed today so that I could marry in Surat Thani NEXT Friday, but apparantly as I sat in front of this desk I was presented with a Marriage Certificate and told I was now married!! Blew me away, no condemded mans breakfast, I did not even shave.

My wife new we were getting married but thought I realised,which I did not, she told me if we took two witnesses we would not have to pay any money, I thought this was just to authenticicate the paperwork we have a big bash planned down there next friday with me taking all my sons and freinds down , just taken the edge off it I suppose, but I do feel a right <deleted>, who would get married and not realise it? ONly "Stupid Farang"

Hands Up- its Me :o

congrats on your marriage.I was married before i knew it too, but it has turned out to be the best thing I have ever done...welcome to the real world :D