Help with Singapore

I have to apply for a non-immigrant B at the Thai Consulate Singapore. It says I must complete the online application "at least 10 working days before the intended date of travel".

Does that mean intended date of travel to Singapore or the Consulate? 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Brian Nose said:

I don't know...  I  think Liverpool Lou is right on this one.

I think the 10 days is to allow them the time to process and approve your application. That is why I wrote arrival at the embassy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think the 10 days is to allow them the time to process and approve your application. That is why I wrote arrival at the embassy.

Respectfully, "I think" would have been nice then. You wrote your first post as if you knew the definitive answer, while it was just a guess. Wrong in this case.

I would say that if they intended arrival at their premises, they would have written so. Their wording is quite clear. Intended travel date. And they add "Minimum visa processing time is 2 working days after the date of submission."

OP, it's an Embassy not a Consulate. And from their website it's 2 weeks not 10 days. Also, there is no "online application", since you have to present passport and picture. They say clearly "The applicant is requested to submit the application in person at the Royal Thai Embassy in Singapore."

It seems you are not in Singapore at the moment. If so, remember that there are a couple of requirements before travelling there ifyou are nota resident. You need to verify your vaccination status and to fill an Arrival Card for the exact date, no more than 3 days before flying, both online. btw, accomodation prices in Singapore are over the top at the moment, good luck.

• Like 1

Also bear in mind that of all the regional Thai embassies and consulates, the Singapore legation is consistently the hardest and most pedantic one to deal with. Their consular offices are one of the busiest in the region but their operating hours are as limited as the space they allow applicants to queue up in. The queue is round the back in the sun and hidden away from the grand colonial frontage they present on Orchard Road.

Also, it's Singapore National Day this coming Tuesday 9th so factor that into any business there.

Edited by NanLaew

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

It seems you are not in Singapore at the moment. If so, remember that there are a couple of requirements before travelling there ifyou are nota resident. You need to verify your vaccination status and to fill an Arrival Card for the exact date, no more than 3 days before flying, both online. btw, accomodation prices in Singapore are over the top at the moment, good luck.

I arrived in Singapore last week and can attest to the new, online procedures needed to expedite your 'paperless' entry (but have a hard copy of the evidence of your Covid jabs anyway). The airlines kept me posted on the requirements to register 3-days prior to actual travel.

When I arrived from Sabah just after 11 am, it was very quiet and I was in the hotel well before 1 pm. My business partners arrived from KL at 2 pm and it took ages for them to clear the mobbed immigration.

The rack rate for my grubby 4-star hotel on Havelock was S$480/night for a regular room.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2022 at 12:01 AM, arithai12 said:

Respectfully, "I think" would have been nice then. You wrote your first post as if you knew the definitive answer, while it was just a guess. Wrong in this case.

I would say that if they intended arrival at their premises, they would have written so. Their wording is quite clear. Intended travel date. And they add "Minimum visa processing time is 2 working days after the date of submission."

OP, it's an Embassy not a Consulate. And from their website it's 2 weeks not 10 days. Also, there is no "online application", since you have to present passport and picture. They say clearly "The applicant is requested to submit the application in person at the Royal Thai Embassy in Singapore."

hotels have always been pricy........it is a very expensive place to eat and stay.....

although i have been 3 or 4 times....

On 8/6/2022 at 1:35 AM, NanLaew said:

I arrived in Singapore last week and can attest to the new, online procedures needed to expedite your 'paperless' entry (but have a hard copy of the evidence of your Covid jabs anyway). The airlines kept me posted on the requirements to register 3-days prior to actual travel.

When I arrived from Sabah just after 11 am, it was very quiet and I was in the hotel well before 1 pm. My business partners arrived from KL at 2 pm and it took ages for them to clear the mobbed immigration.

The rack rate for my grubby 4-star hotel on Havelock was S$480/night for a regular room.

why not Raffles Homestay, 490 Northbridge Road? that's very cheap. they call it Cosy Corner now, can't think for the life of me me why ????