Jump to content

Khao soi ranked world’s best soup in foodie list


webfact
 Share

Recommended Posts

Meanwhile, at TasteAtlas. We are now open for your premium donation to secure your chosen position in our next month top list

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I like Khao Soi, but would have thought Tom Yum would beat it in such a poll.

Used to eat KS in a place in Chiang Mai that was well known for it. Delicious.

 

Khao Soi to me seems more like a curry than a soup. Whereas Tom Yum is a much more delicate flavoured soup with lots of different herbs.

 

Only my opinion.

I have to agree. Tom Yum is my Thailand staple.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, phetphet said:

Used to eat KS in a place in Chiang Mai that was well known for it. Delicious.

as did I.

The Missus still makes it from time to time , very tasty.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, phetphet said:

I like Khao Soi, but would have thought Tom Yum would beat it in such a poll.

Used to eat KS in a place in Chiang Mai that was well known for it. Delicious.

 

Khao Soi to me seems more like a curry than a soup. Whereas Tom Yum is a much more delicate flavoured soup with lots of different herbs.

 

Only my opinion.

  The place in Chiang Mai….that wouldn’t have been the Garden Restaurant on Loi Khro road would it?   They had fantastic Khao Soi “Chiang Mai Noodles”, and Tom Yum.
  I was a regular there for it. 
  But quite a few other places in town have fantastic Khao Soi and Tom Yum also. 
🙏🏼🙂☸️🌴🌴🌴

Edited by Catoni
addition
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Agree with that. Runs rings around that fancy French tripe! 😋

Tripe is a somewhat different eating experience.

 

Not really appropriate to compare it with a Khao Soi.

 

Tripes à la mode de Caen:

 

270px-Tripe_%C3%A0_la_mode_de_Caen_2.jpg

 

 

Edited by Enoon
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Catoni said:

  The place in Chiang Mai….that wouldn’t have been the Garden Restaurant on Loi Khro road would it?   They had fantastic Khao Soi “Chiang Mai Noodles”, and Tom Yum.
  I was a regular there for it. 
  But quite a few other places in town have fantastic Khao Soi and Tom Yum also. 
🙏🏼🙂☸️🌴🌴🌴

No. I can't remember the name. It was about ten  minutes walk from Tae Pae Gate. It might have been Huen Phen, but not sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, webfact said:

online international food database TasteAtlas

located in Chiang Mai, run by digital nomads out of CM and a Thai lady who owns a Khao Soi shop....

 

or not.  but probably.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yummo !! Theres a totally sick place not too far from my place Layan way that does it so dang good I have to eat two bowls lol 🤣

Is as good if not better than what you get in the north west of LOS.

But I aint' tellin' where as its already totally popular!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, webfact said:

“a signature dish of Northern Thailand”

Yes indeed, and during my 20 years living in Northern Thailand it was (and still is) my favorite Thai dish (but "mae pedt" - not spicy)  A traditional dish across Burma (Shan State,) Northern Thailand and Northern Laos. Absolutely delicious and IMO far better than burgers, pizzas and sausage and chips etc. as served in many of the southern resorts and Bangkok.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Yummo !! Theres a totally sick place not too far from my place Layan way that does it so dang good I have to eat two bowls lol 🤣

Is as good if not better than what you get in the north west of LOS.

But I aint' tellin' where as its already totally popular!

Now really, only people under 30 years old and who were bought up in the inner cities and speak "street" can use the word "sick" to mean something good . 

  Like,  innit bruv

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2022 at 6:19 AM, webfact said:

Khao soi has been ranked as the world’s best soup, according to the online international food database TasteAtlas

Looks the same as something my dog dropped when it had worm treatment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2022 at 8:12 AM, worgeordie said:

They must not have tried a good Cock-a-leekie  soup.

regards worgeordie

Or Cullen Skink.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...