Over 100 Thais deported from South Korea’s Jeju Island

webfact

Just now, DrJoy said:

Japanese Immigration allows them to depart without prosecution? I doubt

What has Japanese immigration got to do with South Korea ? Have they invaded the Korean peninsula again and I missed it on the news ?

8 minutes ago, Excel said:

What has Japanese immigration got to do with South Korea ? Have they invaded the Korean peninsula again and I missed it on the news ?

Have you any knowledge about the location of Jeju Island? Google it to see how Japan might have an interest. ????

And in a ‘tit for tat’ response South Koreans who are frequent and repeat visitors face a hard time at Immigration when entering Thailand.....   

... this has been going on for years...  South Korea deporting Thai’s suspected of illegal work. 

Thailand deporting (or refusing entry) to South Koreans suspected of illegally working as tour guides and within the tourist industry.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Korea getting tired of Thai illegal immigrants.

Big crackdown announced last year with huge fines, not heard of anything happening to people in reality. I think it's more of a pose while they look the other way. Numbers go to Australia as well, ours nearly went there.

17 minutes ago, AjarnMartin said:

Have you any knowledge about the location of Jeju Island? Google it to see how Japan might have an interest. ????

Well clearly you have no knowledge about the thread. It is about South Korean immigration on Jeju Island, which is a South Korean province, so please , don't comment on something that clearly you do not understand has nothing to do with the Japanese.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Another topic says there is a shortage of Thai workers for hotels and tourist spots in Thailand. So there should at least be some work for them, even if it pays a pittance compared to S. Korea.

You think they go to work for 300baht a day?
They probably are all in the "massage" business.

Just now, RafPinto said:

You think they go to work for 300baht a day?
They probably are all in the "massage" business.

Actually not all given the many Thai males working there  but bet several of the younger pretty females may be.

• Like 2

Sister in law's son had been working in South Korea (Busan) for many years and was happy. Didn't want to come back.

Unfortunately he came back involuntary:

211209182213.jpg

And guess what: motorcycle accident in Korea.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Thai family down the street sent their son to work in the fields.  He wanted to join the RTP but couldn't.  Homeowner's stepdaughter went over to work in massage.  She was to marry a Korean, but she had a police record.

On 8/8/2022 at 12:56 PM, Excel said:

Well clearly you have no knowledge about the thread. It is about South Korean immigration on Jeju Island, which is a South Korean province, so please , don't comment on something that clearly you do not understand has nothing to do with the Japanese.

Thanks, Excel for your knee-jerk reaction in typical, ‘ThaiVisa’ style. I have personal knowledge of Jeju-do and understand totally it is a South Korean island.

I was pointing out that, because of its proximity to Japan, they (the Japanese) might well want to gain knowledge about nefarious visitors to Jeju-do.

Have a lie down… ????

1 hour ago, AjarnMartin said:

Thanks, Excel for your knee-jerk reaction in typical, ‘ThaiVisa’ style. I have personal knowledge of Jeju-do and understand totally it is a South Korean island.

I was pointing out that, because of its proximity to Japan, they (the Japanese) might well want to gain knowledge about nefarious visitors to Jeju-do.

Have a lie down… ????

Guess you have had time as it is such a time for your reply to catch up on your geography. My you really are weird and you plain ignorant attempts to deflect the article from South Korea rejecting Thais into something Japanese. Do they turn you on that much. Bye bye join the ignore list.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 8:02 AM, ChrisY1 said:

There's hundreds....if not thousands.

Uk nationals can work for 90 days at a time without a wp but require a letter of invitation from the company. Leave after 90 days for a week and return you can do 90 more etc. I assume eu and usa nationals get the same deal.