Start K Bank and BBL internet banking on smartphone

I've had internet banking (K Bank and BBL) on my notebook for 4 or 5 years. Love it, so easy, fast, convenient.

Some years back it seemed that foreigners were allowed to have internet banking on their PC or notebook but prohibited to have internet banking on smartphones. But I'm not really sure if 'prohibited on smartphone'  was true.

My Thai DIL recently asked both banks re this question, same answer 'foreigners can have internet banking on both notebook and on smartphone'.

I'm noticing that more and more small shops/stalls/street vendors have a small simple QR code on display and customers can use their smartphone to pay the small shop/stalls/street vendor.

Just a few days ago the rather good mini mart inside our moo bahn put up their small simple sign with QR code to accept payments (it seems to have come from BBL) and our mini mart is telling customers in 30 days they only accept cash from very elderly people.

So can the internet banking savvy members please share the basic steps* to add K Bank and BBL internet banking to my smartphone. As above I've already had internet banking for both banks on my notebook for several years.

Also, as mentioned the small sign just gone up in our mini mart shows a BBL logo in one corner. but can I use  K Bank internet banking app on my smartphone to make a payment?

(* Just looking for a big picture overview so that when I go to the 2 banks I've got a vague (big picture) idea of how to proceed.)

Thanks.

I have had both those apps on my phone as long as I have had the internet service on my pc which is now very many years.  It's a long while ago now but I thought I simply downloaded the app just as any other, can't really remember the details but I think you will need to register your a/c with the respective bank ( from the app) once it is downloaded but could be wrong or else it has now changed. Sorry to be so vague but as I said it is a long time ago since I did it.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Also, as mentioned the small sign just gone up in our mini mart shows a BBL logo in one corner. but can I use  K Bank internet banking app on my smartphone to make a payment?

They all work together via PromptPay!

Edited by MJCM

3 hours ago, Excel said:

I have had both those apps on my phone as long as I have had the internet service on my pc which is now very many years.  It's a long while ago now but I thought I simply downloaded the app just as any other, can't really remember the details but I think you will need to register your a/c with the respective bank ( from the app) once it is downloaded but could be wrong or else it has now changed. Sorry to be so vague but as I said it is a long time ago since I did it.

Thanks, I've since spoken to the K Bank Call Centre, as always very clear advice. 

Because all my accounts are joint savings I need to go to a branch and open a new account 100Baht in my name only. 

Helpful call centre lady was looking at my profile because of old accounts and the K Cyber on my notebook. She said, please take with you to the branch:

- Passport

- Permanent Resident book

- Pink Card

- Copy of Tabien Baan book.

From these items the Bank can easily start new account and ask them to update personal details of old acccounts by adding the Thai ID number for PR holders which on my pink card and in the Tabien Baan book.

She also suggested to download the K Bank mobile app before I go to the bank and ask the staff to help complete the app details, after the new 'me only account' is started. 

She mentioned that K Bank (probably all banks) now prefer to use the Thai pink card ID number because it never changes whereas home country passport numbers expire and must be reissued every 5 or 10 years. 

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, when I downloaded the Kasikorn app (which works very well)  I could not download it from my 3BB home wi-fi but had to turn my wi-fi off and buy a day's internet connection from my mobile provider, DTAC, and use that to download the app.