Builder

indyo

It's arrived the moment to build an house but I have no clue on what builder company choose, I tried some research on internet but now my worries are more than before reading all problems over builders behaviour and competencies.

Could someone advice for a builder in Surin province?

TIA

You can approach the builders you have heard about and ask to look at some of the homes they built... though this is no guarantee. 

We did that and I found a home I liked and told them to build that home on my property. I would say that I was 98% satisfied. 

There are lots of great builders out there. If some one says something like " local builders are just rice farmers that do a bit of building" they are talking rubbish. Rice farming is dead in the water. Most builders  now do it for a living and have a lot of experience. 

As previously advised, have a look at a builder's previous work. Check that their previous customers are happy. Keep an eye on progress but don't hang around the site all the time. Also keep the receipts. Of course there are some cowboys out there. As there are everywhere. 

There are some foreign builders too. They tend to charge foreign prices though. Not sure why. It's only local Thai guys doing the building anyway.

I've been involved in 3 house builds. All by local builders. 99% happy.

Edited by puchooay

10 hours ago, RichardGravener01 said:

No positive response about my suggest.

Hi, that it looks fine, thanks....... just checking from internet, he works by his name(and his face) since ever and there are plenty of his works online, do you have any feedback about this builder?

• 2 weeks later...

ATB is in Nong Khai on a build. ATB is not a Cheep Charlie  for a build. I have seen some of his builds and they are fantastic. His price will be 2.5M to 10M+. There are local contractors that can do a first rate build for 1.5M to 3.5M and these are in the Kap Choeng area.

Edited by khwaibah

On 8/11/2022 at 11:16 AM, RichardGravener01 said:

No positive response about my suggest.

It wasn't a suggestion. Just a cut and paste.

4 hours ago, khwaibah said:

ATB is in Nong Khai on a build. ATB is not a Cheep Charlie  for a build. I have seen some of his builds and they are fantastic. His price will be 2.5M to 10M+. There are local contractors that can do a first rate build for 1.5M to 3.5M and these are in the Kap Choeng area.

I'd be interested to know how you can quote prices when the OP hasn't even mentioned specifications.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

It wasn't a suggestion. Just a cut and paste.

I'd be interested to know how you can quote prices when the OP hasn't even mentioned specifications.

He owns a local forum and that is where he communicates. If you want to join that forum I can PM you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, khwaibah said:

He owns a local forum and that is where he communicates. If you want to join that forum I can PM you.

I know your builder buddy owns a local forum. It is infamous in those parts.

What my question was, is how can you quote prices whe the OP, on THIS topic, has mentioned nothing about spec, size, quality of build, materials or anything. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I know your builder buddy owns a local forum. It is infamous in those parts.

What my question was, is how can you quote prices whe the OP, on THIS topic, has mentioned nothing about spec, size, quality of build, materials or anything. 

Only on your forum, ????

4 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

I can't quite quantify that comment.

I don't have a forum. 

I was just asking you to explain your comments.

Never mind.

I think he meant that they are average prices for the type of work ATB undertakes. 'Infamous' for what???? ATB's work or????