Demand from Thai, Chinese and Russian buyers sees price of beachfront land in Hua Hin hit 150 million THB per rai: Colliers

webfact

image.jpeg

By Online Reporter

Demand for beachfront condominium units in Hua Hin has meant the price of land along the beach can be as high as 150 million baht per rai. 

Mr. Phatarachai Thaweewong, Director of Research and Communications at Colliers Thailand said that the price of beachfront land in Hua Hin has forced developers to find alternative locations closer to the town centre and away from the seafront in order to build condominiums.

Over the last ten years, the condominium market in Hua Hin, Cha-am, and Pranburi has seen a total supply of 71 new condominium projects, 29,152 units, with a total development value of 123,700 million baht, Mr. Phatarachai said.

The growth in the local condominium market can be traced back to 2011and 2012, Mr. Phatarachai said, where between 7,000-8,000 were sold each year. 

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/demand-from-thai-chinese-and-russian-buyers-sees-price-of-beachfront-land-in-hua-hin-hit-150-million-thb-per-rai-colliers/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-08-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, proton said:

How do Chinese and Russians buy land?

The same way any other nationality does, Thai partners, a Thai company. Very large investments have different rules.

Last time I visited Hua Hin I attempted to walk along the beach at high tide but was unable to do so because the condos had all encroached below high tide line.

I guess a few envelopes had been passed to the usual suspects to break the law.

I never went back to that corrupt <deleted><deleted> place.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

There's miles and miles and miles of deserted beach south of Chumphon that they could build on, but as usual they'd rather destroy what was once upon a time a rather nice beachfront town, because they can siphon off get more money for it. It's all about greed.

The rot set in when they let the horrid big hotel in the town center ruin the place.

• Sad 1

Futile effort to revive  the market. They might be building them , and they may have been selling 7,000-8000 units a year back in 2012. Meanwhile , of the 5997 units for sale at the Energy Cha Am, 5990 still remain for sale.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, DaLa said:

Futile effort to revive  the market. They might be building them , and they may have been selling 7,000-8000 units a year back in 2012. Meanwhile , of the 5997 units for sale at the Energy Cha Am, 5990 still remain for sale.

And even the main building looks like is not finished yet, and apparently there are no more activities to see, I noticed today.

A terrible complex.

A few pictures to get an impression of the complex

1.png

3.png

Edited by Peterphuket
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Demand for beachfront condominium units in Hua Hin has meant the price of land along the beach can be as high as 150 million baht per rai.

Gouging again, the price will be passed onto the consumer who may say no thanks...

Time to pass a new law no  foreigner allowed to purchase land not even thru Thai investors then also can’t build condos here only by thai companies with Thai workers only. Puts Thais back in charge in their country and will keep prices low so Thais can afford it after all there will be many more Thais super poor if this keeps up not just super poor but homeless, beggars and etc.

• Thanks 1

Well I hope this place will end up half butt finished like all over Thailand concrete skeletons. They buy and buy and build and build half way they realize it’s not profitable so Walk off and let it turn to black mold the concrete. Quite an eyesore then prices will drop again what a vicious cycle 

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2022 at 10:18 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Last time I visited Hua Hin I attempted to walk along the beach at high tide but was unable to do so because the condos had all encroached below high tide line.

I guess a few envelopes had been passed to the usual suspects to break the law.

I never went back to that corrupt <deleted><deleted> place.

What a small section of the beach? or are you posting all of Hua Hin with the same broad brush....

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

What a small section of the beach? or are you posting all of Hua Hin with the same broad brush....

Even such a small section makes it impossible to walk from hilton down towards the kings palace beach when the tide is high, irrelevant if its small section as it effects the whole beach.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

LOL.

Have you even tried to walk along the beach at high tide?

If that photo in the OP is actually of Hua Hin, you can see for yourself the encroachment at left side where the embankment does a right angle towards the sea.

Hardly a small section of the beach.

Only on the southern beach, and the bit where the palace is wasn't encroached when I was there.

However, encroachment is illegal, far as I know, so how was it allowed?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL.

Have you even tried to walk along the beach at high tide?

If that photo in the OP is actually of Hua Hin, you can see for yourself the encroachment at left side where the embankment does a right angle towards the sea.

Hardly a small section of the beach.

Only on the southern beach, and the bit where the palace is wasn't encroached when I was there.

However, encroachment is illegal, far as I know, so how was it allowed?

I walk the beachfront in Cha Am, no issues, but yes the water does go up to the seawalls in some parts at high tide.  The beaches near our house in Khao Tao and in Pranburi have wide open beaches, that we walk on during high and low tides.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I walk the beachfront in Cha Am, no issues, but yes the water does go up to the seawalls in some parts at high tide.  The beaches near our house in Khao Tao and in Pranburi have wide open beaches, that we walk on during high and low tides.

Why not just agree with him, rather than give examples of Cha Am beach and Khao Tao which is nothing to do with what we are discussing. Seen this on other threads rather than just agree he changes the dynamics of the conversation, strange.

• Thanks 1