Looking for a recommendation for a good optician please.

Please recommend a good optician to me. (Age conquers all.)

Having lived on the island for a while, I have been seen by the pretty ones. The ones on commission only. The ones who sell fake Ray-Bans and the ones desperate for a sale.

I am looking for the one that can do a professional eye test and not always recommend the 10,000 baht frames.

I used to go to a guy in Nathon, but he has now closed down (as have many other businesses). ????

Thank you ????

I got my previous glasses at KT at Tesco, but they closed too. So I went recently to "top charoen" near the tesco express in Mae-Nam. Usually i need a few days to get used to new glasses, even when they measured the old ones, they made them just perfect and I could use them right away for everything without problems. I have some tricky sight and this was the first time ever. Very professional handling, all the tests, explained the options and took all the time it needs. 

Price was 14k with Ray Ban frame (lol), thin/light glasses, hardening and non-reflective coating (short sighted, -5.5). That is an OK price in my opinion. I don't care about Ray Ban, it was just the one that I spotted first and liked the most.

For medical stuff I can also recommend Dr. Puchong, was there once. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2022 at 10:57 AM, lom said:

Dr Phuchong moved from inside Nathon to just before the roundabout leading to Samui Hospital unless you didn't know that..

Thank you for that lom.

I went there today.

Very good service.

I needed to upgrade my reading glasses and the pair that I use when working at the computer screens.

New reading glass lenses - 1,800 baht. Fitted to the existing frames.

New work frames and lenses - 4,300 baht

Consultancy  1,000 baht.

They will all be ready tomorrow.

The bad news - cataracts. Not too bad for now. He suggested waiting before considering the operation.

• Like 2