Thaksin To Sue For Frozen Assets

Mid

Thaksin to sue for frozen assets

Bangkok

June 23, 2007

DEPOSED Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra plans to sue the military government for the return of the 58 billion baht ($A2.1 billion) of assets frozen by anti-graft investigators.

"It's my money, my family money," he told Britain's Financial Times. "They have no right to take it. We will sue them anyway. We have to sue, otherwise we cannot get our money back."

snip

Asked how he could pursue the military government if he were not in Thailand, Thaksin said his wife and children would fight the case.

The Age Company Ltd.

Good luck with that Thaksin ol boy!! I think that money is gone.. best to move on and get your Football team in shape.

Thaksin to sue for frozen assets

Bangkok

June 23, 2007

DEPOSED Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra plans to sue the military government for the return of the 58 billion baht ($A2.1 billion) of assets frozen by anti-graft investigators.

"It's my money, my family money," he told Britain's Financial Times. "They have no right to take it. We will sue them anyway. We have to sue, otherwise we cannot get our money back."

snip

Asked how he could pursue the military government if he were not in Thailand, Thaksin said his wife and children would fight the case.

The Age Company Ltd.

Grabbing his $$ was the only way to stop him from trying to buy another coup before he could be arraigned on corruption charges .... look to the not too distant past of the Phillipines for some great reasoning :o

Grabbing his $$ was the only way to stop him from trying to buy another coup

another coup? There's only one group of people who committed a coup recently and it's the same bunch as in 1992 and before that. And you know how that ended.

Also from a factual point of view it doesn't make sense: While you may be able to buy an election and buy political allies, you're most certainly not able to buy a coup in Thailand. You either have approval for it or you don't, and the shop owner doesn't need the money.

Edited by chanchao