Checked bag content (devices with batteries) rules domestic flights Bangkok Air

notrub

I am going to fly from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi AP to Koh Samui and have a 20kg checked bag allowance.  I will be taking portable speakers that contain a battery (as well as computer, phones, power pack, kindle reader etc.).  In the past I have been stopped from putting any of these electronic devices into baggage that is checked to go into the hold.  Is this still true?  In some cases I have seen airline sites that show prohibited items such as guns, caustic liquids, bombs etc..  I have looked at the BKK Air sit and they only refer to weight, not contents.  Comments on battery powered devices in checked bags will be gratefully received.  Thanks.  (btw, it is a short flight and will just take a reduced number of devices in my carryon if not allowed.) 

Thanks treetops.  Just what I was looking for.  I assume a 'smart bag' is the same as all the other stuff now that is 'smart'.  That you can find it or that it able to do things in addition to holding your clothes.  (like keeping your whereabouts known to all the usual suspects.  Thanks again.

That's relevant to 'smart bags' that I hope nobody invested in as they're more trouble than they are worth due to Li-ion battery rules.

The way I avoid the trap of the 'any battery?' question when checking in is to have NOTHING with a battery in my checked bag. If I have gadgets that have removable AA or AAA batteries, I remove the batteries and carry them in my carry-on along with gadgets that have built-in batteries. The powerless gadget can travel in the hold.

It's a short flight so no big deal to surrender space in the hand-carry for any batteries in order to avoid bag searches and confiscations.