If I buy a sim at airport can I add internet package later via codes etc ?

Randolp3

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

Yes but if you want to use it immediately, just buy a package for a short period and then look for the best deal. 

Wheres the best place to look for deals ??  Had a look at AIS and to be honest was getting somewhat confused

Just want an always on connection for 1 month. Speed doesnt matter as only social media not streaming or anything

2 hours ago, Randolp3 said:

Wheres the best place to look for deals ??  Had a look at AIS and to be honest was getting somewhat confused

Just want an always on connection for 1 month. Speed doesnt matter as only social media not streaming or anything

At the airport, they will likely sell you a Tourist SIM. It may or may not accept all promos.

If you need a SIM at the airport, insist on just a 49 baht basic SIM and then tap in *777*498#. If it accepts that code and changes the promo to a normal SIM, then you can add 150 baht of credit(they used to pretend that you could only add a minimum of 300 baht credit at the airport) and apply the USSD code for Unlimited 4 Mbps with unlimited voice calls to any network or add 200 baht to obtain unlimited 15 Mbps with unlimited voice calls to AIS numbers.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Randolp3 said:

Not bothered what Sim as such

Is it easy to add a package later ??

Yes I understand I can do that at airport but everyone has indicated from reading the forum that they are much higher priced if you do so

Thanks

What you read was with concern to new SIM promos, that you need to apply within seven days of activating the SIM; two of which I described above. I don't post the codes to promos anymore, due to the prevalence of ungrateful 'b***hole surfers'

This one still works but speed is throttled after 1gb but is for 30 days and ideal for social media etc email messaging etc

Truemove

*900*1801# and then "call"

199 Baht plus vat

I have little doubt there are better ones that people are aware of but for reasons unknown they simply refuse to share

Edited by Chivas
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Chivas said:

This one still works but speed is throttled after 1gb but is for 30 days and ideal for social media etc email messaging etc

Truemove

199 Baht plus vat

I have little doubt there are better ones that people are aware of but for reasons unknown they simply refuse to share

Reasons unknown? Nice try. You are part of the reason why I no longer post codes.

Arguing over everything and thinking you know better. Apparently didn't ever learn how to say please and thank you. 

Better you find them yourself.

On 8/15/2022 at 5:03 AM, Chivas said:

Truemove

199 Baht plus vat

ok thanks

That will do the job thank you very much

• Like 1

Anyone else else looking, will do better making an effort to ask for new SIM promos. All networks are offering unlimited data @ 15 Mbps and free voice calls to any domestic network for 200 baht inclusive. Just takes a little effort...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2022 at 5:03 AM, Chivas said:

Truemove

199 Baht plus vat

I know you already picked up a relevant code in this thread. Just another example of your behaviour.....

5.png.a9262f790b431e5fae25db5487167d09.png

1 hour ago, Randolp3 said:

Thanks for responses

I used the code offered and works lovely. 

Very quick on True as well. Am only using  social media/email though so guess it will be

Works out about $6 for a month fantastic value

Fantastic for you, but very poor relative value. 

The code given to you is totally out-dated; at the very least, eight years old. Times have changed a lot since then in mobile data terms.

The current norm at that cost here is "unlimited data @ 15 Mbps with unlimited free voice calls" for 200 baht per month. 

The person giving that to you was already in possession of much better codes for new SIM and also could have shared those had he wished to do so.

But since you are happy with what you have, there's no issue.

Edited by Bruno123
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/24/2022 at 5:28 AM, Bruno123 said:

Fantastic for you, but very poor relative value. 

The code given to you is totally out-dated; at the very least, eight years old. Times have changed a lot since then in mobile data terms.

The current norm at that cost here is "unlimited data @ 15 Mbps with unlimited free voice calls" for 200 baht per month. 

The person giving that to you was already in possession of much better codes for new SIM and also could have shared those had he wished to do so.

But since you are happy with what you have, there's no issue.

I've just returned for an extensive trip until January

Can you give me the code for the plan you mention above please

15 minutes ago, Randolp3 said:

I've just returned for an extensive trip until January

Can you give me the code for the plan you mention above please

Look at Lazada. There you will find many packages that you will not get at the official shops. They are completely legal. 30 Mbps unlimited AIS and Dtac for about 200 Baht plus for the first month. 235 every month for the following months. Mine can be used for 6 months. So you should not stick to a certain phone number...

Lower speeds are of course cheaper. There are also yearly packages much cheaper but then often with data limit. If you need any help let me know it. I recently ordered one for AIS and one for Dtac. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

Look at Lazada. There you will find many packages that you will not get at the official shops. They are completely legal. 30 Mbps unlimited AIS and Dtac for about 200 Baht plus for the first month. 235 every month for the following months. Mine can be used for 6 months. So you should not stick to a certain phone number...

Lower speeds are of course cheaper. There are also yearly packages much cheaper but then often with data limit. If you need any help let me know it. I recently ordered one for AIS and one for Dtac. 

I had a look but am totally lost lol

Just loads of clothes. Put data deals into search box and it just throws up what appears to be USB plug ins

I will just pay whatever they want at local mall shop here in Bangkok

Thanks for your message though

36 minutes ago, Randolp3 said:

I had a look but am totally lost lol

Just loads of clothes. Put data deals into search box and it just throws up what appears to be USB plug ins

I will just pay whatever they want at local mall shop here in Bangkok

Thanks for your message though

???  You type in "SIM card" and endless will be displayed.

I have these two shown in the pictures. But there are many others. And again - you won't get them from the AIS, Dtac or any other store.  These sellers have special contracts with these companies.

Activation in my case via LINE with the seller. Goes pretty fast. Your passport is sufficient as ID. Plus pictures of the front and back of the package, the front of the envelope and a screenshot of the LAZADA order. You don't have to go anywhere. They cannot be registered in the official stores.

The first month is payed already. For the next months normal top-up at least 1 day before it expires. Good for 6 months in my case. 

SmartSelect_20221025-131051_Lazada.jpg

SmartSelect_20221025-131029_Lazada.jpg

• Like 1