Time to change my bike. Stay with Forza or look at other options.

hotandsticky

I have had my Forza 300 for a couple of years and I like it.

As an overweight 60+ year old it is the perfect bike for cruising locally at 80-100 kph. It has sufficient acceleration to get away from traffic lights swiftly and the power makes overtaking pretty comfortable. Slight issues with stationary weight but I have managed to deal with most situations (mainly by not creating a situation!).

I am unlikely to embark on touring to any great extent and my journeys out of town are 20/30km. I do the occasional light shopping trip so Bobbers like the Rebel 300 are probably out. 

Friends have said that the latest Forza is not as good to drive as the older version......more importantly the missus doesn't like the Forza and would favour a different bike that she could get her hands in 2/3 years time.

What else should I be looking at?  The ADV 350?, the XMax?

The latest X-Max and Forza are so closely matched it would be tough to choose one over the other, but the ADV 350 does seem to have slightly better suspension and a different look.

For me, the Kawasaki Versys X300 or Honda CB500X are better options.   With luggage added they are as practical as a large scooter, but they have the dynamics of a motorcycle.  The X300 is also lightweight and easy to handle compared to the comparatively bulky Forza.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

more importantly the missus doesn't like the Forza and would favour a different bike that she could get her hands in 2/3 years time.

I understand the missus.

Maybe she wants a smaller bike with more power and more fun like a Ninja ZX-25R ???? 

new-kawasaki-ninja-zx-25r.jpg

57 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Gen 1.  2013

I have the same (2016) and a bit of same dilemma, should I upgrade to a Forza 350 or an Xmax ...! These are a bit better than old model gen 1 Forza, but not a huge difference, similar power and specs ...! And also these days nobody buys gen 1, the price drop is substantial due to new models...!

From what you described though (wanting an auto scooter, note other posters ! ) these kind of maxi scooters really suits you best. But bear in mind the new Forza models and Xmax have higher seat and harder for shorter people than gen 1.

The ADV 350 has even higher seat than those..., and from your description, you're not going on long trips and off road but shopping, so forget about that...

My suggestion is get an Xmax or Forza 350 for a day rental, and then you (and missus) can decide for yourself - that's what I like to do next year when I'm back there... 

Edited by Agusts
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I understand the missus.

Maybe she wants a smaller bike with more power and more fun like a Ninja ZX-25R ???? 

new-kawasaki-ninja-zx-25r.jpg

LOL. I have a photo of her sitting on one when a charity bike ride stopped at our restaurant some years ago.

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2022 at 7:44 PM, Kinnock said:

The latest X-Max and Forza are so closely matched it would be tough to choose one over the other, but the ADV 350 does seem to have slightly better suspension and a different look.

For me, the Kawasaki Versys X300 or Honda CB500X are better options.   With luggage added they are as practical as a large scooter, but they have the dynamics of a motorcycle.  The X300 is also lightweight and easy to handle compared to the comparatively bulky Forza.

How do you cope with frying your manparts on a mid-mount engine / griddle, as opposed to a swing arm mounted scooter style, especially in this hot climate.

I hired, for a test ride, a Honda X-ADV 750, and it was bl..dy hot..!

On 8/14/2022 at 6:41 PM, hotandsticky said:

Friends have said that the latest Forza is not as good to drive as the older version......more importantly the missus doesn't like the Forza and would favour a different bike that she could get her hands in 2/3 years time.

I have the Forza 350, and wouldn't say it's much different from the 300, except for the added power, which is noticeable.

If your missus is a petite Thai lady, she would likely not manage the Forza for size and weight. Get what you want, and buy her an appropriate bike when the time comes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tofer said:

I have the Forza 350, and wouldn't say it's much different from the 300, except for the added power, which is noticeable.

If your missus is a petite Thai lady, she would likely not manage the Forza for size and weight. Get what you want, and buy her an appropriate bike when the time comes.

Indeed.

She has an NMax. She is 1.62m and is OK with the Forza but not 100% comfortable