At Home Coffee Options - Bangkok

BonMot

If you are familiar with what great coffee Moccona green box coffee was  250gms at b97-107 online (b107-113 BigC) that's what I'm aiming for.

Please don't recommend Lao, Viet coffee - the strength is fine but there's no oil, body and the flavor is flat. If you drink black coffee you'll understand.

Okay so we have inflation and crop destruction in Brazil but I'm down to my last ten boxes of green and it's totally unavailable everywhere.

I'm looking for french roast / espresso full bodied, flavorful. The grind should be dark and the coffee somewhat sticky from the oil. Dry coffee is usually bitter.

Happy to pick up central Bangkok or order online.

I'll pay more and probably will have to but trying to find another diamond in the rough.

Needs to be ground I'm done messing with grinders.

Thanks

Edited by BonMot

• 1 month later...

Just looked on Lazada and the only Moccana Espresso Blend (green box) is showing out of stock

Have you tried NL Espresso?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/espresso-pure-by-nlcoffee-250-1-100-i712910674.html?spm=a2o4m.seller.list.43.790640e4JYTOgc

NL Espresso is a decent cuppa and at only 100 Baht, worth a try.

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are plenty of websites from which we can get excellent coffee (far better than Moccana and Lavazza etc)... 

Try something like Coffee Culture (one I use but there are others - they roast to order, send the beans or grind to order) - plenty of selection for different types of coffee, by taste, region, process etc...

https://coffeeculture.asia

Examples...  (note - I have nothing to do with this lot - but order from them)...

Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 09.38.29.png

Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 09.38.57.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There are plenty of websites from which we can get excellent coffee (far better than Moccana and Lavazza etc)... 

Try something like Coffee Culture (one I use but there are others - they roast to order, send the beans or grind to order) - plenty of selection for different types of coffee, by taste, region, process etc...

https://coffeeculture.asia

Examples...  (note - I have nothing to do with this lot - but order from them)...

Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 09.38.29.png

Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 09.38.57.png

seems quite expensive Richard ......   I trust it's top shelf coffee and tastes accordingly  ?

10 minutes ago, steven100 said:

seems quite expensive Richard ......   I trust it's top shelf coffee and tastes accordingly  ?

T’is good stuff.... 680 Baht per Kilo for Grade A+ Arabica... roast to order (I like medium dark roast) and either as beans, or ground to order - I think thats pretty good value. 

You can get more expensive coffee, I also like the Honey Processed Doi Chang... thats 1200 baht per kilo.

I think its worth it, but I have gone somewhat mental with coffee.... have a decent Espresso machine at home...  I have Piccopresso for travelling.... 

-----------

At this level Coffee is kind of like wine....  We start to like our regions, the bean, the process, then theres the roast level, then there is the actual extraction.... so many variables - its possible to make a bad cup of coffee with great beans... I don’t think its possible to make a good cup of coffee with bad beans !!!....  

I’m no expert at all...  But I have dialled in the Beans I use and have the recipe for awesome cup.

• Thanks 1

I'm also picky about my coffee, but for convenience sake the 3-4 cups I drink each day tend to be instant - Moccona Espresso. I'd prefer real espresso but don't have a machine and using a pot on a ceramic top stove is almost as painful as watching paint dry. The plunger comes out if I'm serving visitors, but it's not the same as a good espresso.