Apply for a First Child Passport when visit UK for a month.

I will be visiting UK for a month and thinking of applying for my childrens first passport

when in UK instead of applying from Thailand.

I will get the documents translated here in Thailand before I fly (Birth Certificates and Marriage Certificate),  will it be easier and cheaper to use the Paper send and check at the post office in UK, instead of applying from Thailand ?

Have the passport sent to UK address.

The only issue I have when applying for the passports either from Thailand or UK is the countersignature,  I don't know anyone who meets the requirements (British,  Irish, EU passport holders etc).  So I am thinking of using my parents neighbours in UK,  no issue with being British and have British Passports BUT don't obviously don't know the child for 2 years.  Will there be any issues with this ?

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

How will your child leave Thailand?  If on a Thai passport they will need a UK visa.  If UKVI know that the child is British the visa won't be issued.  Much easier would be to get the child's UK passport before you travel.

My Child not comming with me,  I will get passport for my children when I am in UK.  Then they can travel another time .  I think cheaper and easier, if do this from Uk.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, davemax49 said:

My Child not comming with me,  I will get passport for my children when I am in UK.  Then they can travel another time .  I think cheaper and easier, if do this from Uk.

In this case I think its a fair option...  although the Passport is not like to be returned within the one month you are there....  in which case someone at the address you have it posted to can send it on to you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davemax49 said:

That should work then.  The only problem might the long delays!  I got my son his first UK passport in Thailand, and if you live near Bangkok or Chiang Mai, it's quite straightforward; however at that time (2015) it only took 3 weeks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

That should work then.  The only problem might the long delays!  I got my son his first UK passport in Thailand, and if you live near Bangkok or Chiang Mai, it's quite straightforward; however at that time (2015) it only took 3 weeks.

Yes,  will get my parents to send passports to Thailand, and  works out cheaper and less documents to translate.

• Like 1