Thai woman arriving from Dubai confirmed as Thailand’s 5th monkeypox case

snoop1130

000_32AV3J3-1.jpg

The Ministry of Public Health confirmed Thailand’s fifth monkeypox case today (Monday), in a Thai woman who has recently returned to the country from Dubai.

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said that the 25-year-old was found to have blisters on her body when she arrived at Suvarnabhumi international airport and was isolated in the airport’s quarantine facility.

Specimens were sent for lab tests, which confirmed a positive diagnosis. She is currently being treated in hospital.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-woman-arriving-from-dubai-confirmed-as-thailands-5th-monkeypox-case/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-08-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Sex workers are also at risk.

It does not say she was a sex worker although most people will form their own opinion naturally. Can't wait for the spin that will be put on this though to pretend she was not involved in the trade and her contracting the disease was purely an act of God, or perhaps Buddha.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

Still waiting for the officialdom to start spreading fear and paranoia for selected rhinoviruses [common cold].

It's coming.

The die is cast and the masses have been preconditioned. It is a matter of time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said that the 25-year-old was found to have blisters on her body when she arrived at Suvarnabhumi international airport "

hope they are changing their gloves between strip searches.....

3 hours ago, MoneyNo1 said:

What I find strange is how did they not pick this up in Dubai? 

Probably because she wasn't stripped naked and examined before boarding in Dubai. What prompted someone at the Thai point of entry to do so is not explained. I hope she didn't brush shoulders with Tony in Dubai.

3 hours ago, MoneyNo1 said:

What I find strange is how did they not pick this up in Dubai? 

41 minutes ago, bangon04 said:

"Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said that the 25-year-old was found to have blisters on her body when she arrived at Suvarnabhumi international airport "

hope they are changing their gloves between strip searches.....

I realise that was said in jest, but, seriously, HOW was it found in this particular case?

"...........found to have blisters on her body when she arrived at Suvarnabhumi...."

Are people subject to random examinations on entry to Thailand, or what?

(My post crossed with @PETERTHEEATER above)

Edited by VBF