Samui Airport

opposite the old domestic ...................

too far to walk , not far enough for a taxi ,

perfect no ???

Yes, typical of the well thought out approach to the interim period. I actually had one of the most ridiculous experiences of my life at the new domestic terminal, and I was hoping they had improved a few things. It went along these lines:

-No taxis at the arrivals area

-Willing to call you a Taxi, if you are willing to wait indefinitely

-Willing to put you on a minibus, if you are willing to wait until the bus fills up, one or 2 flights later

-willing to drive you to the "other" terminal where there are again, no taxis, no minbus, no plan, no idea.

yeah i got the run around about taxis too the other day, but if you just go to the official airport taxi (i think they call it limosine) counter, you can buy a ticket to one of the beaches from a priced list (mae nam is 150 baht). they have left pretty regularly every time i needed them.

So, I just got back and as opposed to my last flight out, they have put a temporary dirt parking lot near the new domestic departures area. Parked the motorbike for free overnight and no problems at all. On arrival, you get the loop shuttle to take you back to departures are, walk 50m to the parking and off you go. yay