People reminded not to smoke at Hua Hin markets

webfact

image.jpeg

By Online Reporter

People in Hua Hin are being reminded that the town’s markets are smoke free zones.

On Monday (Aug 15), officials from the Prachuap Khiri Khan Department of Public Health and Hua Hin Municipality distributed signs around the entrances to the fresh market and Hua Hin night market reminding people of the smoking ban.

The signs read “the market is a smoking-free zone” and “no smoking”.

Officials said the move came after it was discovered people had been smoking in both the market and night market, which had an impact on traders and people visiting, as well as to the overall atmosphere at the markets.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/people-reminded-not-to-smoke-at-hua-hin-markets/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-08-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

IMO It is a great pity pubs and bars were not included!!

Don't think people need a reminder about pubs / bars, as should be common knowledge now.

Fresh markets ... have to admit, that never crossed my mind.  Now if only they'd enforce it.

21st century ... not a good time to be smoker.

Banning tobacco products entirely would be even better.

Never a true believer that 2nd hand smoke was that much of a health hazard for non smokers.

UNTIL ... turned the AQI meter on while smoking (a doobie for me) in the bedroom.  Watched it go from <10 to 3-4-5-600+ 

????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I rarely if ever see people smoking in an outdoor market.  I'm in Issan though, perhaps its because cigarettes are too expensive.

Before COVID, Chinese tourists would smoke everywhere.  In hotels, taxis, malls.  Sadly they'll be back. 

I have not seen any smokers walking around smoking in markets, but it seams like many smokers is back to smoke in the sun chairs around Pattaya beach. I hate sitting there and a smoker 10 meters away make it stinky for everyone around.

• Like 1