1) can I extend my covid visa until November 20 or so? I'm stamped until September 21, and I was just at Laksi last week.

2) What steps do I need to take to acquire an education Visa? ("Leave country, go to embassy, get (X) immigrant visa? What's the procedure here?)

Also I spoke to an agent, and they told me that the volunteer visa is basically kaput, and very expensive @ 150k THB ????

So what is my option as a young expat? Nope, I can't get a work permit otherwise I would. I'm not working in Thailand, I have a fixed income, a combination of family inheritance and passive income generation from safe-pick Stocks..

I'm not interested in the work permit, because I'm not working.

Sooo now what's the procedure?

had an ED Visa many years ago.

yes, went to Laos.

forget the costs.....maybe 20,000 baht plus another 10,0000.....maybe like 30,000....not sure.

6 months.

so maybe 60,000 or less for a year

then they stopped doing it....................and I have no idea if they resumed. 

A friend of mine overstayed his welcome. He had 4/5 border hops and visas from Cambodia/ Laos and Penang. One day he was refused entry , just told to go back to his home country . He was in a bit of a mess as he had a condo and all his belongings , bike etc in Thailand. So he did , went to Bali, then home to see family. After a good few months he eventually came back, moved to Chiang Mai, met a Thai girl and married. This was before Covid. Extensions won’t last forever, maybe this year if you’re lucky. So maybe look into an Elite visa. 

If you are confident that you want to remain in Thailand for many years, Thailand Elite will probably be your best option. However, the Philippines with two or three 60-day visits per year to Thailand is viable without the large initial outlay for a 20-year Elite membership.