Honda Motorcycle dealers.

Adumbration

How old are you anyway? Funny you haven't figured this out by now. It's the same all over the world, not just Thailand. The sales <removed> will tell any lie they can think of to extract as much money as possible from your pocket.

Not just vehicle sales, everything you buy has the same problem.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gargamon said:

How old are you anyway? Funny you haven't figured this out by now. It's the same all over the world, not just Thailand. The sales scum will tell any lie they can think of to extract as much money as possible from your pocket.

Not just vehicle sales.

Sales scum? It's called doing business. Astute shoppers shop around. If you get bitten its your own fault!

• Like 2

Some 4 years ago my sister-in-law went to a motorcycle dealer to enquire about a new scooter. She was giver a brochure and a price and informed of a 4 week wait. After enquiring at several dealers, she went back to the first. I took her there and went in with her, the price jumped by 8,00 baht.

• Confused 1

How many years spent in Thailand did you say?

Dealership have different prices world wide with different packages, delivery cost etc. You should know that by now, and not use terms like corruption when its business. If you paid them 10k to get my bike who was supposed to have my bike delivered tomorrow, then you might call it corruption. 

this is nothing new.

when i was looking for a new pickup, one dealer had exactly the one i wanted, spec, colour etc, except it was his demo on red plates with 800 km on the clock. price was a few MORE kbaht than a brand new one ordered for delivery on a lead time of 3 months. why? because you can have it now....

dealers like to keep a few on the forecourt for show maybe, then they have to wait a few months to replace it?

like i said, nothing new going on.

i didn't want to wait....

• 2 weeks later...

We brought a new Wave 125 two colour ,mag wheels,that was  60k baht also, that was 4-5 months ago,the last one we brought was 4 years ago that was 50k baht.

I was surprised at the price ,this was the third Wave we have brought from this shop ,so we know them,.and they are normaly the cheapest in the area,they did say they were a shortage of Waves .

And we have 3-4 Honda dealers in the area ,I did not check all of them, but one other did say 60k .

It used to be shops do not like cash sales ,they lose out on they cut of the HP agreement ,as the average HP agreement here in Thailand  runs at 30% interest ,a few of these will add up,so they could ? up the cash price, so they make a bit more.

I enquired about a new Click 160 in Pattaya. They wanted 5,000 above MRP. Things must have changed as i bought the tgf a Click 150i a year ago and even got a small discount against MRP. I am waiting for the new ADV 160 but hate to think what the premium and wait might be on that.

On 8/18/2022 at 11:29 PM, jastheace said:

how does that old joke go...?

Indian cigar store souvenir seller.

Customer:- "These dolls here are $5 but the the ones over there for $10 look the same"

Indian:- "Some people like to pay $5 , others like to pay $10."

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

Indian cigar store souvenir seller.

Customer:- "These dolls here are $5 but the the ones over there for $10 look the same"

Indian:- "Some people like to pay $5 , others like to pay $10."

Funny you say that, in my local fruit market they sell certain fruit for 20 baht or 25 baht same seller, says same just different price 

• 3 months later...

A few years ago I went to buy a Wave 125 at my local dealer. I was paying cash, I wanted a basket on the front then was quoted another 300+ Bt. I said no and told her I wanted it included on the bike, she said no, so I walked away.

She obviously was not on any commission for the sale.