Is Marriage Certificate in Thai OK for a Schengen Tourist Visa (Thai wife/EU husband)?

Hello,

I am a dual citizen US/EU with a Thai spouse going to Luxembourg (main destination, but will travel around as well) applying for her 90-day Schengen Tourist Visa based on Private visit with an EU member husband at the Luxembourg consulate in Bangkok. Do we need to submit a copy of the marriage certificate in Thai (as we got married in Thailand) or should we have it translated into English?

I searched for the information but did not find anything conclusive. Hope somebody can shed a light.

Thank you

@theoldgit, that is very helpful. Thanks a lot. One more question:

As a spouse of EU member traveling together, should we include proof of accommodation/invitation letter?

I am asking because this EU website says it is not needed (https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/entry-exit/non-eu-family/index_en.htm#residence-card-doc-no) while other websites list the proof and accommodation as required documents.

I’m not a hundred percent sure, as you’re an EU National you’re covered by the Freedom of Movement Directive, in which case she could travel as your spouse without the need for evidence of accommodation and insurance, just evidence of your flights.

What I’m not sure about is that if you’re a National of your main destination whether the FoM still applies for that country, I suspect it does but I’m not sure. 

Edit, I’ve just read the info from your link, that certainly doesn’t say details of accommodation should be provided if you’re traveling together, only evidence of where your living if she joining you. It helpfully adds that the list is exhaustive and nothing more can be requested.

@theoldgit, No, I am not a national of the main destination country. 

In addition, I see that they are asking for: 

- a certified copy of the spouse/partner’s passport, in its entirety, valid for at least another six months ;
- a birth certificate of the spouse/partner ;
- an extract of the marriage certificate / a copy of the registered partnership;
- a copy of the registration certificate (“attestation d’enregistrement”) of the Union citizen
joined/accompanied.

Do you know what registration certificate is? I certainly do not have that with my EU passport and I live in Thailand. 

Also, do you know where can I get a certified copy of my passport?