Gold shop

Wandr

Does anyone have experience of a gold shop that sells gold bar at the legal Gold Traders Association rate? If so some directions will be appreciated.

By legal rate I mean at the same rate as published by the GTA, with no markup.

Thanks. 

37 minutes ago, Pond Life said:

My understanding is that there is aways a mark up.

There shouldn't be. The Thailand Gold Traders Association publishes buying and selling rates, and that's what you are supposed to get. There is a 100 baht difference between the two, per baht weight.

In Bangkok it has never been an issue - gold shops give the published rate.

In Pattaya they never do, but then Pattaya is a place whose mantra is 'cheat whenever possible '.

In Chiang Mai I am finding it's a mix. Some shops try to extort more than the rate. They will either claim the rate has gone up, or try to take extra. I just walk away.

I did business at a shop today that behaved professionally. If anyone is interested, it is in the last right soi off Chang Moi Rd heading to the river, with a 7-11 on the corner. There's a row of gold shops on the right. This is about 100 m in, and has a board with two galloping horses. 

In the past, I used the "Three Elephants" gold shop in Talat Warorot, on Wichayanon road. along the west side of the Ping, a bit north ( 100 meters ?) of where Chang Moi dead ends at that road, just after the place the songthaews stop.

https://www.google.com/maps/@18.7918674,99.0005346,3a,15y,228.9h,85.41t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sdNc8nDdubZoHgU4xrL5akg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

image.png.e663dcae88913d954e475a3e4039d84a.png

Very helpful people !

Edited by orang37
recovering identity after alien abduction