Where Can I Buy Dopod

lemel

Try Tukcom, Pattaya Tai, 2nd floor.

Dopod were made by HTC. Seems Dopod was a marketing name for Asia but they are now changing to HTC so you may want to look for that.

I have had an HTC-S620 for a couple of months now and happy with it. Different model of course, but same manufacturer.

I've definitely seen them in Tukcom. Did you try the Apple shop? How about IT(whatever,... top floor)? I've seen them both these places...

they had dopod but not the 838 pro

they had dopod but not the 838 pro

I asked my company to try and get that model for me from AIS (we have a large corporate account and they provide phones as part of the package). Was told that the 838pro is no longer available in Thailand from the Dopod distributor - something about a new model about to be released. But there must be some stocks hiding out there in smaller shops? As you say it's hard to find them and any shop I found that sells Dopod didn't have the 838pro model. Really wanted a 3G model as I travel frequently to Japan and the closest model (I think called D810) doesn't have the slide out keyboard :-(

yes, it is proving difficult, it's also called an HTC hemes but very hard to find, any idea of a good alternative with slide out keyboard. The 02 zinc has been pulled as well!

I was in Tukcom South Pattaya, today and saw Dopod 838 Pro both in the Apple shop (north end of 2nd floor - 3 in stock) and in an Acer shop on 3rd floor (1 in stock):

post-1539-1182785033_thumb.jpg post-1539-1182785073_thumb.jpg post-1539-1182785093_thumb.jpg

Edit: Whoops, just noticed this is 818, not 838, sorry .... :o

Edited by Phil Conners

838 pro = HTC Hermes........seems it is also known as the HTC TyTN (pronounced Titan). No wonder it is hard to find :o My AIS rep is also confused. Tried to tell me that it won't work in Thailand as it is only a 3G CDMA phone. Have sent them the address for their website to clarify that it is also a quad band GSM phone........may have to abandon this option and reconsider the Nokia N95