Tourist Visa for a Thai to Canada

I am a UK passport holder and visit relatives in Canada regularly.

I live in Chang Mai and would like to take my Thai wife for a holiday ( family reunion; Brother’s 96th next year)

I know that I need an A ETA which I can get online.

But does anyone know or have any experience of getting a tourist visa for a a Thai wife?

Can it be done here in CM at the VFS Office?

Many thanks 

Very difficult.

Expect to wait around 6 months or longer for a visa if approved. She will need references from work and proof of any property that she owns. Canada is extremely backlogged due to Afghanistan and Ukraine. I follow this closely as my wife is still waiting for ger PR that was supposed to take 6 months and turning into 2 years, It's the same with tourist visas.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 8/22/2022 at 8:29 AM, Celsius said:

Very difficult.

Expect to wait around 6 months or longer for a visa if approved. She will need references from work and proof of any property that she owns. Canada is extremely backlogged due to Afghanistan and Ukraine. I follow this closely as my wife is still waiting for ger PR that was supposed to take 6 months and turning into 2 years, It's the same with tourist visas.

Anybody have an update on tourist visas for Canada?

Thanks all. Managed to get her Visa,  needed an invitation letter from Canada, which my niece did.

she had to provide a bank statement; evidence of property ownership here in Thailand; details of our relationship; and one visit to the Embassy in Bangkok.

it took altogether 90 days and she got a Visa for 5 years.