Man douses pick-up in gasoline to get back at his ex who went and married someone else

webfact

image.jpeg

Daily News Thai Caption: Burnt to get back at his wife

Phrapradaeng police and fire services were called to a burning Isuzu D-Max with Yasothon plates. 

The vehicle was a complete wreck after it burned for 30 minutes.

At the scene was Adulsak Notsupha, 35, who said he had bought 100 baht's worth of gasoline and set fire to the vehicle, reported Daily News.

image.jpeg

Picture: Daily News

His ex wife was the registered owner but he said he had paid all the instalments over the last 4 years.

She'd called him wanting the vehicle back but he found out that she had gone off and married someone else. 

image.jpeg

Picture: Daily News

This was his way of getting back at her. The couple have been involved in a series of divorce related disputes over a considerable period. 

He was taken away for prosecution. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-08-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 1

Throwing good after bad instead of just walking, a very juvenile thing to do.  What will he do next burn the bank down where the money they shared is kept......or will he just .....well you get my point.  This does not happen in Thailand however.  In California I was once dispatched to a call of a man in a Mercedes crashing his car into a Rolls Royce in a parking lot.  Upon contacting him he provided paperwork for the Rolls Royce that showed it was his, but being driven by his ex-wife who was fiddling with his legal partner.  Nothing to be done as he had a tow truck and clean up crew standing by for when he finished destroying the car.  I asked him why, and he said to make a point....some people just are cruel and mental.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

He has a bright career in burning pickups when can he start????

Looks like he passed his first extracurricular exam for his Arsonist 101 course...Thankfully as Charlie said no one was injured in their physical form, just mentally.....

• Like 1

Despite that he payed the car installments.

The fair and honorable thing to do was for the wife to offer to pay for his share of the assets!

Unfortunately many people aren’t like minded when it comes to fair and equal!

Its all about control! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Throwing good after bad instead of just walking, a very juvenile thing to do.  What will he do next burn the bank down where the money they shared is kept......or will he just .....well you get my point.  This does not happen in Thailand however.  In California I was once dispatched to a call of a man in a Mercedes crashing his car into a Rolls Royce in a parking lot.  Upon contacting him he provided paperwork for the Rolls Royce that showed it was his, but being driven by his ex-wife who was fiddling with his legal partner.  Nothing to be done as he had a tow truck and clean up crew standing by for when he finished destroying the car.  I asked him why, and he said to make a point....some people just are cruel and mental.

Pretty sick that a guy who can afford to trash a Rolls with a Merc is worried about anything at all.

Edited by BusyB

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Or just plain stupid.   Back in 1980 where I worked, a guy bought a new Camero.  Made loan payments for 6 months, then started to put all his money into the car, foregoing (sp?) the loan payaments.  Eventually the loan company told him that a recovery company would be by to pick the car up.   

He took the car to a large open field, doused it with gasoline (where have I read that before) and set it on fire.    Boasted about it at work.  Claimed that since the car was gone, he didn't have to pay the loan payments anymore.   He was very surprised to find out that, not only did he not have a car, the insurance would not pay for the loss, but he had to keep making loan payments for a car he destroyed!

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Another Thai manchild who could not cope with rejection , 

If you must burn the vehicle that you paid for ,but is in

ex wife's name , do it in secret ,don't stand there waiting

for police to arrive......

regards worgeordie

Or just tell her to get the new man to buy her one.... then hang up the phone.