Purapool Oxygen system lifetime and availability

Charly2008

we do run our pool since 3 years with a purapool Oxygen UV+, now it seems the cell doesn't work anymore.

Anybody has experience with this system? is it normal that the cell is broken after just 3 years, further the pool company tells us that the system is not available anymore.

any idea?

The UV+ is not available anymore due to unreliability with UV lamps.

Great concept, however UV lamps don't last long in any environment.

You can get replacement cells without the UV lamp. 

I will check if it is a simple change or maybe some small electronics need adjusting!

PM me to keep updated!

Cheers

• 1 year later...

I have a now redundant Purapool Oxy 1000 system for which I acquired a brand new salt cell @ Aud$1395 ... yes they ARE expensive due to use of titanium and another rarer metal which begins with r ....  The latter produces oxygen.

I am willing to sell the salt cell for 20,000 baht including freight.  It was used for 12 days before I determined the control unit was at fault and deteriorating fast, a dodgy E-prom or SCR rectifier suspected.  I had no reliable service available locally and simply bought a new Chinese made chlorinator to keep my pool serviceable rather than be sending parts to and from Australia.

It's a shame as the Purapool system had worked well for 4 years and Mark, CEO and tech guru in Oz, had attempted diagnostics via email and telephone.

• Thumbs Up 1