Connection from Mochit bus station to sky train.

dennisgb45

I live in Korat and haven't been to BKK for 3 years now. Curious to know if the Sky Train has a  connection to the bus route from Korat at this time. Before I would take a taxi from Mochit to  Sukumvit.. Does the Sky Train now go out to Don Mueng? How about departing the bus at Don Mueng and catch the Sky Train on in? Is it walking distance from where the bus drops you off at Don Mueng to the Don Mueng BTS. Any other suggestions? Thank you.

1 hour ago, dennisgb45 said:

Curious to know if the Sky Train has a  connection to the bus route from Korat at this time. Before I would take a taxi from Mochit to  Sukumvit..

From Morchit bus terminal to Morchit BTS there are no buses except possibly A1 from Don Mueang (not sure it's still running) which goes between Morchit BTS and Morchit bus terminal, once every 15-20 min (at least used to). From Morchit bus terminal your best bet is taxi to Ratchayothin BTS station (4 km or so, 10 min, 50-60 THB).

Does the Sky Train now go out to Don Mueng? How about departing the bus at Don Mueng and catch the Sky Train on in?

There is dark red line train running from Bang Sue station to north, which passes Don Mueang airport. You can take that train to Bang Sue station, and there change to dark blue line MRT (underground) to Sukhumvit station (interchanges with Asoke BTS station).

Is it walking distance from where the bus drops you off at Don Mueng to the Don Mueng BTS. Any other suggestions?

I don't know where the bus would drop you off but train station has bridge (as it's on the other side of the expressway) near terminal 2 of DMK.

Other suggestions: If you go into T1 or T2 of the DMK airport (and need to check that bus is still running) is A1 airport bus every 20 min during daytime, which takes you to the escalator of entrance to Morchit BTS. There's also A3 I believe, which takes you to city center (terminates at Lumpini park on Rama 4 road between Silom and Sukhumvit), and you could get off at Ratchadamri, which is opposite Central World, and from there you could walk a few min to take BTS at Chidlom station.

I used to take airport buses from DMK but haven't been there in ages, so I don't know if they are still running. They are fast as they take expressway. Used to live in Pratunam and it was as fast as taxi to get there, for 50 baht. Problem was only that A3 (if I remember correctly) only ran once an hour, but A1 to Morchit was there very often, maybe once per 15-20 min.

13 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

There is dark red line train running from Bang Sue station to north, which passes Don Mueang airport. You can take that train to Bang Sue station, and there change to dark blue line MRT (underground) to Sukhumvit station (interchanges with Asoke BTS station).

Either this or Taxi (50 B)/Motorcycle (60B) from Morchit Bus Station to BTS Morchit (BTS Ratchayothin may be better, depends on traffic and the route the driver chooses).

If you want to arrive somewhere near Asok, you can take the taxi just to MRT Kamphaeng Phet, saves you 5 B and 5 minutes. 

Cave: red line runs only every 20 minutes,  except during rush hour.

It takes only 15min from DMK to Bang Sue. A lot of walking in DMK and at Bang Sue.

• Like 1