Update kor ror 2. Marriage registration document

Kalasin Jo

Where in Kalasin City can I get this update done? How quickly, at what cost?

Although we married in Bangkok I believe any Amphur can do this. 

I hope to apply for non O extension at Kalasin IO in next few days.

Thanks to anyone who knows and posts an answer. And any other helpful info too.

2 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Where in Kalasin City can I get this update done? How quickly, at what cost?

District Office in your city, known as AMPHUR in Thai.

They print and stamp while you wait, cost is 1 baht per copy.

Does not matter where you were married, its available nationwide.

Thanks guys. I was hoping though that someone might be able to give me an exact location for the Amphur in Kalasin. The IO was vague, simply pointing his arm and saying " not far". My wife doesn't know either. She does her stuff at the Yang Talad Amphur.

On 8/29/2022 at 3:16 PM, ubonjoe said:

She could get the Kor Ror printout done there.

She or we could indeed and I know where the office is but Kalasin is generally more convenient. Go there often. YT only for the hospital. Also trying to do the whole thing in one day: kor ror 2 update, bank letter and attendance at IO

32 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Also trying to do the whole thing in one day: kor ror 2 update

Phone your office to confirm that the KR2 is required. This year at Buriram office I was told my KR2 update wasn't required.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Yep it is on a national data base so I believe.

Good to know - thank you.

Ours was done by hand more than 20 years ago and entered into a very large ledger like in the old days in hotels before computers...

I wonder how they updated the old information to a national data base? It must have been a very big project...

34 minutes ago, TravelerEastWest said:

I wonder how they updated the old information to a national data base? It must have been a very big project...

I'd imagine all our info is on the same database? Along with date of entry into Thailand, how many children you have, TM30, TM47 etc etc. They can easily check if you're still married without you producing a KR2 hence why there is no need to show it these days.

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I'd imagine all our info is on the same database? Along with date of entry into Thailand, how many children you have, TM30, TM47 etc etc. They can easily check if you're still married without you producing a KR2 hence why there is no need to show it these days.

No. That is the sad thing. Databases are rarely shared amongst departments.  

Similar to the announcement a while back by the police and vehicle registration department. They were planning to merge their data bases so that vehicles with outstanding fines against them could not be re registered or road tax paid without outstanding fines being paid first.

52 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

No. That is the sad thing. Databases are rarely shared amongst departments.  

Rarely, but Thailand has modified its national network to meet international standards.

Immigration System, The Immigration Bureau

An effort to modernize immigration data led the Immigration Bureau under the Royal Thai Police to appoint CDG group to initiate and develop an IT solution to enhance their monitoring process to meet international standards. We built new software and installed hardware to form a nationwide network to integrate databases at immigration checkpoints, assisting officers in quickly and easily checking the history of passengers traveling in and out of the country.

https://www.cdg.co.th/website/en/industries/government/immigration-system-the-immigration-bureau/

6 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Rarely, but Thailand has modified its national network to meet international standards.

https://www.cdg.co.th/website/en/industries/government/immigration-system-the-immigration-bureau/

Indeed they have. That is so they can check border issues control at immigration offices.

Nothing about being able to share details on District Office databases.

Edited by youreavinalaff