T.M 30 what is in practice according to the new regulation 2020

21 minutes ago, brommers said:

The interpretation of the latest regs can differ from place to place. But in CM a friend who was overseas recently for three weeks went to Immigration on his return where he was told it was not necessary if he was living at the same address as last time he did a TM30 report

IN most places it is the same. 1. If there is an address change 2. if there is a passport change. 

Edited by Onerak

33 minutes ago, brommers said:

The interpretation of the latest regs can differ from place to place. But in CM a friend who was overseas recently for three weeks went to Immigration on his return where he was told it was not necessary if he was living at the same address as last time he did a TM30 report.

I got that same answer at Nakhon Sawan immigration some months ago after returning from a 7 week trip to the UK. She said thanked me but said you are already in our system at that address. However it's better to be safe than sorry and do it anyway.

• Like 1

OP, returning to your home address either from another province or from abroad, a TM30 is not required.

If return from a trip abroad and you enter with a new visa or visa exempt you would need to file a TM30 even if you were returning to your place of residence. 

Note there are always some immigration offices that play games and ignore the rules. 

Edited by DrJack54

11 hours ago, brommers said:

The interpretation of the latest regs can differ from place to place. But in CM a friend who was overseas recently for three weeks went to Immigration on his return where he was told it was not necessary if he was living at the same address as last time he did a TM30 report.

I live in Fang Chiang Mai Province and in June made an overseas trip.

On my return I called in at the local Immigration Office which I pass daily and asked if they wanted a TM 30 report.

They asked for my passport printed a TM30 receipt plus a 90 day report receipt.

Bizzare yes, but I just go with the flow only takes a couple of minutes.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

I live in Fang Chiang Mai Province and in June made an overseas trip.

On my return I called in at the local Immigration Office which I pass daily and asked if they wanted a TM 30 report.

They asked for my passport printed a TM30 receipt plus a 90 day report receipt.

Bizzare yes, but I just go with the flow only takes a couple of minutes.

As I understand it CM is an office that insists upon TM30 for return from o/s.

Just one of the few offices that make up their own rules. 

• Thanks 2

On 9/3/2022 at 5:28 PM, DrJack54 said:

As I understand it CM is an office that insists upon TM30 for return from o/s.

Just one of the few offices that make up their own rules. 

It must be peculiar to this Province as the DLT Head Office in CM accept the Pink ID as prove of address for licence renewal but the local office will not.

Yet they automatically renew the licence for six years not five.