replacement windows

hansombeast

24 minutes ago, hansombeast said:

Unfortunately this is a stairwell window and definitely not a standard size. It would have to be made to size

24 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I'm guessing they would be already assembled and ready to fit???

If the OP,s house was a self build, he would likely need windows made to measure.

Beat me to it. ????????????

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

I'm guessing they would be already assembled and ready to fit???

If the OP,s house was a self build, he would likely need windows made to measure.

Not DiY orientated are we? You get the nearest size to the window you want to replace. If the new window is bigger than the old one you chase out the masonry to accommodate it. If the new window is smaller than the  old window you will have to infill the gaps. It's not rocket science. More like common sense. I replaced 9 windows in all and a new double sliding door.

006~8.JPG

007~4.JPG

005~8.JPG

003~26.JPG

004~17.JPG

003~27.JPG

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

My windows are larger than any that were available in any store.

And what size are you talking? Mine are 240x110 cm.

29 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

What screws did you use to fix the window frames?

The fittings and instructions etc come with the windows.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

3 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I believe they are in the region of 320 cms wide

At that size you'd be really struggling due to the weight of the frames etc. Just to lift and fit a 240x110 would take 3 men or more just to lift it off the ground. Look at the size again 

007~4.JPG

Having done it myself I don't believe you have windows as big as 320cm. The sheer weight of the frame would cause distortion on fitting.  dont feed the troll

Thankx for the replies guys, however I am unable to work from ladders or scaffolding and I have no way of lifting the window into place as it's 6 ft from the middle landing inside the house

The window size long ways is approx 8ft X 4.5 ft. From the outside you would need scaffolding at 5 metres. And at least 3 mtrs inside. That's why my original question was about window makers not a lecture on window fitting

Edited by hansombeast
additional information
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

3 men or more

17 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Having done it myself

Make up your mind. Did you do it yourself or did you need help?

@hansombeastI'm not that well up with KK. However, I guess it's like most other towns and there will be an area where fabricators work. I found our window guy in amongst the guys doing stainless steel gates and fences. They usually all work together. Have a drive around. You'll not miss them as their workshops usually spill over to the pavements outside.

On 9/3/2022 at 12:27 PM, IvorBiggun2 said:

Go to Homepro and buy their uPVC windows.

And in below post you just explained why you NOT should get your uPVC windows from Homepro or the likes, since they are cheap <deleted>.

Quality uPVC windows have a steel frame inserted, so they don't distort by the weight of the frame.

My biggest uPVC sliding door is 5 meters by 2.45 meter high. No distortion

18 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Having done it myself I don't believe you have windows as big as 320cm. The sheer weight of the frame would cause distortion on fitting

13 minutes ago, hansombeast said:

Thankx kiteman, I have someone coming tomorrow to have a look, this has also been the problem is actually getting firms to come and quote, most are happy to sit on their fat bums than drum up future work, typical Thai mentality unfortunately

The major standard size of "Flat Glass Plate" produced is 2440 x 3660. Another sheet size produced is the 3210 x 5100 (Jumbo). These are both, a single float glass and come as laminated sheets

Thailand are a major manufacturer/exporter of glass for the export market to the Southern Hemisphere. Production is in Bangkok, Contact the Manufacturer and work backward from their recommendations to find if all is viable..