Is Thailand blocking VPN Connections

Oink

In the last week I have been getting "an error occured when sending your request" message whenever I attempt to connect to the VPN I have been using for the last ten years to watch Youtube, Sky News Live etc. VPN provider confirm it is not there end and are running further checks. Asked 3bb if they have started "content filtering" They said they will check and call back. No return call. Somthing is not right.

Also I have used an app on my Phone called Dreamlab. It crunches data for cancer research and COVID, but only when the phone is on charge overnight. That is stopped from connecting also.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

my advice would be to complain to 3BB that you can't connect with some apps.

I suspect 3BB to apply traffic shaping, which may break encryption, for example by using a dynamic shared IP system that could change the client's originating IP at every request.
I believe 3BB support has a "switch" with which they can exclude your account from that.

• Thanks 1

As written above you should give another VPN a try.

Can be one of the free VPNs just for that.

I assume you already did the obvious?

Power cycling all related devices incl. router, clearing all cache whatever.

All SW up-to-date ...

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

So you are using a systemwide VPN? the VPN config is on the router?

If you are accessing the VPN via a control app, try changing from OpenVPN to wireguard? Transport to UDP, which is usually reliable for accessing TV servers, switch to TCP, then disconnect and reconnect - if no luck, put the settings back to original and try again. There may be something restricting or blocking your connection through the ports your application is using. Changing usually clears the block.

Edited by recom273
  • Thanks 1