English Bull Terrier Breeders

Hi, thanks for the reply, I'll contact the shop. I've also contacted a lady in Chiang Mai and her dog will behaving pups at the end of the month.

Have you had any problems training it? Is it okay with other dogs and children? I'm asking as other people have been trying to put me off by saying its dangerous. I've got no experience with this breed and I've previously owned a whippet and a border collie (not in Thailand)

Thanks

I have a staff bull terrier wich is pretty much the same breed althou bull terrier was not breed for dog fights as much as staff. But my expiriences are that you need to have a firm but gentle hand on your dog, you cant let this dog think its higher up in hierarchy then any of your family members. They are usually people friendly like most of the dogs who were bred for fight. Thing is when people were fighting with dogs they were allways in the pit, together with the dogs and of course a judge. They were allways there so they could break up the fight when needed and because of this dogs had to be super friendly with people so they wouldnt bite them when having adrenaline pumping thru their 18 kg bodies.

As it goes how they are to dogs i guess they can be trained to stay together with other dogs they have known since they were very small but i wouldnt count on that. And regarding other unknown dogs youre almost allways bound to have problems with this kind of dogs. Like i said not too sure about bull terrier but i reckon it should be the same case as stafford.

If you decide to have this dog be carefull when having other dogs arround it after he gets 1 year and older. These dogs are no joke, they explode in nanoseconds, they jsut freeze for a moment and launch in full attack. Breaking up a fight with these kind of dogs is really hard if you dont know how to handle it.

Bull terriers in general are great dogs if the owner knows what hes doing, very stubborn as they have their own will like all terriers.

Good luck with your choice!

Edited by ilCapitano79

Big Guns

The english bull terrier is different from the staff/pit bull for one there not trained to fight like these other breeds. I have had my english bull terrier for about six months now i have had no problem as cap 79 says he must know whos the boss but most male dogs are like this.They are comical dogs always up to no good hes great around my two kids 4 and 8 he dosen't get on with other dogs if they come to close to the house but also most dogs protect there territory. One thing is if you get a dog in Thailand and there going to be outside at night you really need to put a mosquito net all round his cage for him as i have found out the mosquito's love english bull terriers.

Big Guns

The english bull terrier is different from the staff/pit bull for one there not trained to fight like these other breeds. I have had my english bull terrier for about six months now i have had no problem as cap 79 says he must know whos the boss but most male dogs are like this.They are comical dogs always up to no good hes great around my two kids 4 and 8 he dosen't get on with other dogs if they come to close to the house but also most dogs protect there territory. One thing is if you get a dog in Thailand and there going to be outside at night you really need to put a mosquito net all round his cage for him as i have found out the mosquito's love english bull terriers.

is your dog only 6 months old? wait another year...

don't want to be a spoilsport but agree completely with ilcapitano, if children around or other dogs i would chose another breed... or you always have to watch the dog closely or lock it away...

good luck anyway :o

I've dealt with modern dog before, the guy's okay.

The best bulldog breeder is a house in pattanakarn soi 56, kinda pricey at I think 20,000 per pup and they only sell the worst of the litter but sill better than anything you could find anywhere else.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had an English bull here in pattaya for over 2 years now and she's great.

Bought her from a basic market with no papers but she's turned out to be a great dog, brilliant with other people and kids but not so brilliant with my female rottwielrer which unfortunatlewy ended up with a friend taking the rotty, its jusr her and my male ex street dog now.

The mosquito thing is correct although she sleeps indoors most of the time.

:o

i am looking for the best breeder for standard bull terrier in thailand. i currently have a four year old standard bull terrier in the philippines. i saw another breeder that was able to purchase a standard in thailand. i need to improve my bloodline, can anyone help me where to find the best quality and fair priced BT. my prefered age is about 1 to 1-1/2 years old for the female and male. thanks :o

I got the bull terrier. I bought her from a breeder in Bangkok. Both the parents were best of breed champions (I've seen the pics). I've joined the kennel club and got the papers.

The dog is great. You are right about the mozzies, although she sleeps inside. She has a lot of bites on the inside of her back legs. Is there any way to reduce the number of bites?

I've been feeding her Royal Canin dry dog food and tins of tuna. She seems to crap a lot, maybe about 5 times a day. Has anyone lse had this problem with this dog food?

She's house trained now. I would say they aren't the easiest breed to train. They are very stubborn. She is not a fan of the lead and often just stops in the street and won't move. Oh well I've got about 5 weeks of summer holidays left to train her.

I think Bull Planet is regarded as a good Eng Bull Terrier breeder.

I no longer have the address or number unfortunately.

Just pick up a copy of Lokesatleang magazine at any Thai newstand and there will be a few Bull Terrier breeders in there.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am looking for a English Bull Terrier breeder in Phuket, or near to Phuket. Looking to buy a pup.

Hi Kiwitezza,

I own North Thai Bull Terrier Kennel in Chiang Mai. Yesterday I posted photos on another forum (Pets For Sale or For Free) here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Pets-Sale-Free-t90471.html

We have two lovely male puppies for sale right now. Unfortunately you probably won't want to come all the way up here to see them, but just to let you know that we are here. We've had experience of flying pups down to Bangkok on TG and all went very smoothly. There is a direct flight CNX to Phuket.

Let me know if we can help (though I don't know any breeders in Phuket, sorry).

I'd like to take this opportunity to put the record straight about English Bull Terriers. They are NOT the same breed as Staffordshire Bull Terriers and certainly have nothing in common with Pit Bulls (which are Staffies that have been bred specifically for fighting and have a long bloodline as fighters).

The “New Bull Terrier” first appeared in its present form at a Birmingham (UK) show in May 1862. It was shown by James Hinks, a dog dealer, who is generally accepted as the original breeder of the Bull Terrier, whose family has being associated with Bull Terriers until the present day.

Hinks used many breeds and types of dog in his quest to breed his "Gentleman’s Companion". He started with the now extinct breeds known as The Old English Bulldog and The Old English White Terrier, which produced another new breed (also now extinct) called The Bull and Terrier. This in turn was bred with the Dalmation and Spanish Pointer. The English Bull Terrier received full pedigree in the UK in 1875 and was recognized by the American Kennel Club in 1885.

The “New Bull Terrier” gained in popularity and in 1887 The Bull Terrier Club was formed in the UK.

”By Selective breeding the Bull Terrier has today developed into a companion animal and much loved family pet. He is extremely affectionate with people, and is particularly noted for a fondness towards young children. Nevertheless he is a strong and powerful animal, and it should always be remembered that he is a first and foremost a Terrier with a competitive spirit and may not always be tolerant of other animals, though many live together in a household quite happily with other pets.” (The Bull Terrier Club, UK)

“The Bull Terrier was developed as a courageous fighting dog but not an aggressive fight provoker, and it is generally friendly. A muscular dog, it is considered, for its weight, the strongest of all dogs.” (Britannica Concise Encyclopedia)

Bull Terriers are friendly and outgoing dogs, with a "clownish" attitude about them - they seem to have a genuine “sense of humour”. Their physical strength is matched by their intelligence and both body and mind need to be kept active. They can be fun and playful. As a breed they are generally placid and will not normally make the first move in a potentially aggressive situation. They are very affectionate dogs that love human company and they are particularly good with children. Younger dogs, however, may regard children as playmates and because of their strength could cause inadvertent injury although they are protective of children in their charge. Bull Terriers make formidable guard dogs while their owners are away.

Bull Terriers are amenable to discipline, although obstinate. It is important to train them from an early age as they have a natural tendency to want to become the alpha dog in any family – and that includes dominating their owners too!

The American Temperament Test Society, Inc. (ATTS), a not-for-profit organization that promotes uniform temperament testing for dog breeds, gives the Bull Terrier a pass rate of 91.5%. The average for all breeds is 81.5%.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I visited Khun Or's house to see these puppies when they were 4 weeks old and they are lovely dogs, with a Mother and Father both with fantastic personalities, and very friendly. Great heads and very muscular and well balanced bodies.

I had left a deposit about 8 months ago for this recent litter for a female, but unfortunately, I wasn't lucky this time and only boys were available.

If you are looking for a puppy with great parents that have been brought up with great care by Khun or, then I don't think you will find better than these pups.

Pups also have registered papers if I remember correct.

• 3 months later...

hello,,iam in chiangmai,,and looking for a baby female mini bull,,can you help me?,,craig

KhunOr said:
Hi David,

Yes, both still available. Please PM me with your contact details if you are interested to buy one.

Thanks,

Khun Or

DavidOxon said:
Hi there

Nice pups . . . still available?

David

You've come in on a very old thread.

I personally don't know any mini breeders, sorry

craig2 said:
hello,,iam in chiangmai,,and looking for a baby female mini bull,,can you help me?,,craig
KhunOr said:
Hi David,

Yes, both still available. Please PM me with your contact details if you are interested to buy one.

Thanks,

Khun Or

DavidOxon said:
Hi there

Nice pups . . . still available?

David

• 1 month later...
tftest said:
how do these dogs fare in the tropical heat? :)

No problem at all. They are short haired.

As with ANY dog breed, you mustn't leave them in the open sunshine without shade, or in a stiflingly hot place indoors without a cool fan and ventillation :D

• 9 months later...