Prachuap aims to reduce road deaths by two thirds in the next five years

webfact

4 hours ago, anchadian said:

Never mind in the next few years, if the police did their job, this could be achieved in the next few weeks.

Will never happen.

Well said my friend.  If they would start enforcing the laws there are then it would not be such a hard thing to do.  This past week while at the house in southern Hua Hin, I watched in horror as an old man driving a beater of a truck moved across 2 lanes of Hwy 4 at about 5kph as traffic was whizzing past him as he tried to get to the u-turn ahead.  No signals or anything and as I stopped behind him in the slow lane I watched as a police car drove by him and almost hit his vehicle as he scooted into the u-turn lane.  I thought the police car would u-turn ahead and head back to check the man out but nope, After making the u-turn the man still driving 5kph drove straight across the 2 opposite lanes and up a dirt road.....amazing he is not dead the way he drives.....

10 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

What are they going to do? Literally ban everyone from using the roads?

As you cross by road over a border into the province you will be stopped by the local BiB and asked to take a lucky dip ticket as to whether you can continue with your vehicle or not. Only 33% chance of success. If you pull a fail ticket it's get out/off and walk. Using the tried and trusted TAT formula the accident rate will be found to be reduced by 66%. 

• Confused 1

1. Increase the amount fined for traffic violations to reflect the true wealth of vehicle owners

2. Actually stop and arrest the perpetrators

3. Collect the fines. (the money collected could be used to fund overtime or bonuses for police)

4. Confiscate vehicles (including motorbikes) of drivers that drive dangerously or carelessly and crush them (the vehicles not the drivers.......on the other hand????)

5. Give lorry and bus drivers Tachographs so they cannot drive for longer than a specific amount of time per 24 hour period

6. Fine drivers and employers a hefty amount for going over that time

I guarantee the roads (and footpaths) will be safer within 6 months

Yawn... but that's wishful thinking, nothing's gonna change????

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Officials in Prachuap Khiri Khan have set an ambitious goal of reducing the number of road fatalities by approximately two thirds over the next five years.

By telling the RTB that wearing a helmet is actually a law that must be enforced?