Just A House

I want to sign a long-term lease on a residential property. I won’t conduct any business but perhaps ill be sharing/renting it to friends in the high season. The house has no nor sor sam. Will the said agreement be between my landlord and me or can it be registered at the Amphur along with the house title?

Is 3 years plus 3 years for the right to renew the best contract?

What about longer, can I draft a 30/ year lease if Im not leasing land? What if the landlord wants to sell the house?

I spoke with a consultant firm and they said I could draft a lease with 30-year or even 90-year option. But then I spoke with some Thai friends and they agreed “Sure you can write down anything on paper- but what is legal is a 3 + 3 year lease.” Who is right? :o

Yes that is correct- just a tenant.

What is the longest LEGAL lease I can sign?

I plan on improving the said property- But how much I improve it will be determined by how long I can have a contract.

Thanks ..... :o

I cant see anybody agreeing to a long term lease - what happens if you die after 2 years - your estate pays the rent for next 28 years?

I would tend to go for yearly renewable lease myself which gives you lot of flexibility or otherwise agree with owner what improvements you will make and then build those into the rental price you pay.