Divorce with agreement

Lolothai

Hi,

We would like to divorce with my future ex-wife. We would like to do it asap, probably next Monday.

She wants to go to Bangrak, do we have to get an appointment?

We need one witness each that's correct?

She agrees to give me 350 000 bahts by paying 10 000 a month and full custody of one of our daughter. Can we include a clause for this during the divorce? is there a standard contract and we need to prepare a clause before for the custody?

Also what about translation? my witness is Thai so he can translate for me or do it has to be official?

• Confused 1

On 9/7/2022 at 4:57 PM, misterphil said:

Ive done something similar with my ex wife, but no kids involved fortunately. 

I drew up an agreement that was in English and this is what we done. 

1. We both signed the agreement along with a witness which we used our house land lady. We split our assets 50/50 and she had to sign over my 2 motorbikes to me and she kept her car. This was all documented in the agreement. 
2.  Went to the local Amphur to null the marriage. Make sure you get a divorce certificate. We divorced at the same Amphur we married at and not sure if you'll need to do the same. 
3. Sign all the paperwork at the Amphur with a smile. 
4. Walk out the Amphur as civilised responsible adults. 

Took about 10 minutes to legally get rid of her.

Next we went to the land transport with the bike green books and she transferred my bikes in to my name. 

All done and dusted in half a day and never seen her since. 

Good luck and hope it works out as smooth as it did for me. 

Thank you for your answer, it's a beautiful story, I wish mine to be as good as yours.

My future ex-wife is particularly unstable, it seems that she lost her new rich boyfriend and she is opening a plastic shop with almost nothing inside. There is strong possibilities that she crashes and get crazy at this time, so I really want to close the deal before she realizes what is going to happen.

We should go to Bang Rak next Monday, I will take one witness who speaks English and Thai, I will prepare a document with mention of the 350 000 and full custody of my daughter and sign it but it seems that the officer will do it himself and make us sign. I hope it will be on the divorce certificate.

I'm quite stressed about it, that will be the final step in my freedom. I got a job, work permit, 1 year visa and one of my two daughters is living with me.

She keeps posting on her old facebook she made for the family before, to make me jealous but I don't react, I don't post anything, I stay silent, I only spoke to her today to set the time of the appointment and she seems civilized too. I suppose she will show off a bit when we will meet but nothing that could be problematic I think.

Anything else I should think of? prepare myself?

9 hours ago, Lolothai said:

Thank you for your answer, it's a beautiful story, I wish mine to be as good as yours.

My future ex-wife is particularly unstable, it seems that she lost her new rich boyfriend and she is opening a plastic shop with almost nothing inside. There is strong possibilities that she crashes and get crazy at this time, so I really want to close the deal before she realizes what is going to happen.

We should go to Bang Rak next Monday, I will take one witness who speaks English and Thai, I will prepare a document with mention of the 350 000 and full custody of my daughter and sign it but it seems that the officer will do it himself and make us sign. I hope it will be on the divorce certificate.

I'm quite stressed about it, that will be the final step in my freedom. I got a job, work permit, 1 year visa and one of my two daughters is living with me.

She keeps posting on her old facebook she made for the family before, to make me jealous but I don't react, I don't post anything, I stay silent, I only spoke to her today to set the time of the appointment and she seems civilized too. I suppose she will show off a bit when we will meet but nothing that could be problematic I think.

Anything else I should think of? prepare myself?

Its illegal for her to have a relationship ie a new boyfriend whilst married to you. If she is committing adultery whilst married to you, you may be able to have both your daughters, as you say she's unstable.  If you can prove this and want to take it further action id recommend a lawyer. 

If I was in your situation I would also take a police officer with you. They will go with you as a witness and also incase she does decide to go crazy you have your back covered. You'll have to pay him though, maybe 1,000 to 2,000 THB. A Thai on your side is good support against another Thai. 

Be careful when alone with her, or avoid it as my ex-wife tried to stab me before. I was alone and she had 2 friends with her and she made up some story that I hit her and her friends backed it up. After she come at me with a kitchen knife I started to video her and when she noticed I was videoing her she fell to the floor and started some BS drama. 

At this point I called my landlady and she said she was on the way to come and see us both. While I was waiting for landlady to come I called the police and they said that they'd already had a call about my address, so the landlady had called them for me. 

This was all in Chiang Mai. Within 2 days id moved out and moved back to Pattaya and started again. 

Hope it all works out for you. 

Edited by misterphil
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Lolothai said:

I hope it will be on the divorce certificate.

No, it wont be. You'll get a pretty flowered divorce certificate similar to your marriage certificate. You need to keep this safe incase you want to marry again. I needed this when I married again.

Everything needs to be on the agreement you drew up and signed by both parties, plus witnesses.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

If lucky you see 1-3 payments and then nothing after, you will then start a new topic on this forum in 1 year from now.

Probably, and I would not wait one year to make a new topic about it but this is not on my top priority, Most important is to get the full custody of my daughter, second divorce and be free, third the money.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, misterphil said:

No, it wont be. You'll get a pretty flowered divorce certificate similar to your marriage certificate. You need to keep this safe incase you want to marry again. I needed this when I married again.

Everything needs to be on the agreement you drew up and signed by both parties, plus witnesses.  

and the officer will sign as well? I heard they asked during the divorce if we have common asset and children and at this moment we can include this in the divorce certificate/contract.

I will make my own contract agreement but I don't know how to make a draft of it, how to make it sounds official, my English is not good enough.

5 hours ago, Lolothai said:

It's more complicated than I thought, I have to get a translated certificate from my embassy then take appointment.

IMG_20220916_105252.jpg

Thats the document you use to get married, not divorced. 

It says "Documents for lawful marriage registration in Thailand" at the top. 

And yes, we all get those documents translated when we get married, but not for a divorce.  

Do they understand you want to divorce and not marry? As it seems like someone doesn't to me. 

Yes I asked several times and my future ex wife as well. Was very clear it was for divorce and the officer was very clear that all amphoe were like this. I think the best is for me to go to the nearest amphoe, ask what are the necessary documents and take an appointment, ex wife is ok to travel from Ratchaburi to Rayong.

Make a settlement for her to give me 350 000 bahts paid 10 000 per month and sole custody of our first daughter in exchange she keeps land, house and car. I wonder if she is worried I sue her and split all in half, I wonder also what would be best.

I went to Bang Lamung district office and it seems that I may have to give a thai translation of my passport as I changed passport since I married.

I receive a sample of divorce settlement contract, everything is in there, I have to get an English translation of it too. The officer told me that I could or should make my own, the sample seems perfect to me.

I wonder what is the value of this document, I will have to go again to the district office to check that my documents are ok, I will ask this question too. I would like to ask a lawyer too, but don't want to pay a lot just for one question.

IMG_20220920_152813.jpg

• 1 month later...

I’m going through a divorce now, but my wife doesn’t want to give me the papers until a few years from now (our youngest daughter is 17). I don’t really care about when I get the certificate, but I would like to get the agreement done now. I will pay her money until the youngest is finished school. I’m giving her everything in Thailand so long as she gives me everything outside Thailand. So we don’t need to itemize things? 
She can still have the marriage paper for now, but I don’t want her making claims on my worldwide assets. There’s plenty in Thailand, with the value being approximately equal.

Does anyone know if you can do the agreement ahead of time, and then visit the registry office say a year or 2 later?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 5:06 PM, Lolothai said:

She wants to go to Bangrak, do we have to get an appointment?

We need one witness each that's correct?

She agrees to give me 350 000 bahts by paying 10 000 a month and full custody of one of our daughter. Can we include a clause for this during the divorce? is there a standard contract and we need to prepare a clause before for the custody?

Also what about translation? my witness is Thai so he can translate for me or do it has to be official?

You need to contact them to see if appointment needed, but if they don't and are busy you might not get seen. Best to get an appointment anyway.

You absolutely need everything agreed to included in the divorce agreement.

The divorce document is standard, but I understand you can add your bit to it. It's in Thai so if you want to know what you are agreeing to need it translated ( unless read Thai ).

I doubt the witness has to be official, I didn't have one at all- the clerks did that for me, but ask the office.

On 11/3/2022 at 8:23 AM, manjara said:

I’m going through a divorce now, but my wife doesn’t want to give me the papers until a few years from now (our youngest daughter is 17). I don’t really care about when I get the certificate, but I would like to get the agreement done now. I will pay her money until the youngest is finished school. I’m giving her everything in Thailand so long as she gives me everything outside Thailand. So we don’t need to itemize things? 
She can still have the marriage paper for now, but I don’t want her making claims on my worldwide assets. There’s plenty in Thailand, with the value being approximately equal.

Does anyone know if you can do the agreement ahead of time, and then visit the registry office say a year or 2 later?

?????????

You should have your own divorce paper- one for her, one for you. Provided by the office.

She's pulling one on you about that.

Document about the agreement re property in and out of Thailand.

No idea what you mean about agreement now and visit office in a year? You can go to a lawyer to make a legal contract re property. The amphur only does the divorce.